360 Body Lift After 200 Lb. Weight Loss - Chesterfield, MO

I had VSG in May, 2012. I changed my eating...

I had VSG in May, 2012. I changed my eating habits and started to increase my level of exercise/activity as I lost weight. I lost 200 pounds. This led to A LOT of extra skin. I wanted (needed) to get it removed. I had worked so hard to lose the weight. I knew that having the excess skin removed would allow me to participate in activities that I could not otherwise (ie running). Insurance did not cover the procedure. However, when I looked at the price of the surgery, it was the same as a new car. The new car would only be around for 5-7 years. However, the skin would be gone FOREVER!

Welcome and thanks so much for sharing with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement and you should be very proud of yourself. I had the sleeve myself, around 8 months ago, so I'll have this type of surgery to look forward to!

How have you found the recovery period from the body lift? Was there much pain or downtime? We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.
I missed two weeks of work following surgery. I wasn't in a lot of pain, just discomfort. I had my arms done at the same time. So I had a total of six drains. Two in the front, two in the back, and one in each arm. They were removed a week after surgery. They were the biggest pain of the recovery. I couldn't shower until the drains were removed. That first shower felt amazing.
I could only laugh when I read your post. I too had weight loss surgery back in 2004 and lost 130 lbs and have been dealing with excess skin for a while now. I have been researching the lower body lift and breast lift now for about a year and I finally scheduled my surgery for May 29th with Dr. Paul Vitenas in Houston..nervous and excited! I took the hubby and my daughter with me for the consult and when they saw the price he was like wow. But with him knowing how I hated to look in the mirror at myself or let him see me naked with the lights on he said go for it. As we walked to the elevator after the consultation I told him baby my car is paid for so just look at it as if you were buying me a new car. He thought about it on the elevator ride down and when we got in the car he said you know that does make me feel better thinking its like buying you a new car because the car we were looking at was twice the amount of the surgery lol. Glad you love your results and cant wait to see mine.

?I missed two weeks of work following surgery...

Oh wow, I bet that shower did feel good after a week! Two weeks is a lot quicker recovery that I was expecting. I know it can vary from person to person, but 2 weeks is a good sign.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I do not know anything about cosmetic surgeons. So, I contacted my bariatric specialist's office for a recommendation. They recommended Dr. Christian Prada. Dr. Prada and his staff are amazing!!!! They were very friendly and helpful throughout the process. Dr. Prada did a fabulous work. I am very pleased with the results. My scar line is very smooth and straight. It is hidden in my underwear line. I highly recommend Dr. Prada to anyone thinking of cosmetic surgery.