Absolutely Worth It - Chesterfield, MO

I had a series of 5-6 treatments, 6 weeks apart;...

I had a series of 5-6 treatments, 6 weeks apart; total cost $1800. Had terrible rosacea and sun damage. There is definitely down-time, that is, you won't be "presentable" in public until 10 days. But I tell you, it transformed my skin. I can't say enough good things about my experience. I'm now 4 yrs post-procedure and have no regrets whatsoever. Cleared my skin up GREAT!

Laser and Dermatology Surgery Center

I just had IPL on Monday, only problem with me is I welted up immediately and now my face is swollen. I have really fair skin with red cheeks and broken capillaries. I am on day 3 now and still look like a cabbage patch doll. Any tips to help swelling besides ice packs and using 3 pillows? The swelling really freaked me out, wish it would go away soon.
On My face? I had it done 3 times. Two test ares at 2 diffrent levels of intensity were infront of my ear. The strongest level was done last Wednesday on my cheek. It really hurt and 5 dark spots surfaced imediately. The area was darker than normal, too. It really scared me to death since I have olive skin and I keloid. So now that it is Monday the spots have lightened and the area is not as dark. I thought that I only had to have one treatment. Is it possible that dark spots will surface and not go away? I had this done in my dermatologist's ofc but not by the doc.
Yes, they will go away. The darkening it normal, as is the swelling. The first few times I had it done I looked a mess. Within 10 days they will be completely gone.

Where did you have it done, just out of curiousity?
I have olive skin and am very nervous about geting the photofacial treatment. I had a test spot done 3 days ago and have 5 brown spots that appeared right away. They are still there. Will they go away? I worry it will leave pernament marks or discoloration. I play tennis in the sun and need to repair the sun damage. I dont want to risk my face, though. Any thoughts?
Teri in Indy

Wow, four years is an awesome amount of time for it to last. A lot of community members mention they have to go once a year to keep everything looking as it should, so the fact that you have gone four years is great.

-Britt

Hi jbnonc,

This is a great review informing the community about downtime. So much of the community is unaware of the downtime, and to know it's 10 days is really great. Have you gone back since?

Thanks,

-Britt

I will probably go back at some point for a touch up if I need one, but so far that hasn't been the case.

Thanks for positive remarks.