Blsbygd - surgery date 08/14/14 Chesapeake, VA

52yrs old mom of 3 , all c-sections....lost 161lbs...

52yrs old mom of 3 , all c-sections....lost 161lbs back in 1996, no surgery just working out at YMCA 3-4 times a wk. No diet ate normal food and deserts. My decision to get a panniculectomy was one of the best life changing experience I've made. No regrets Good experience all the way round.I only experienced some slight burning the day of surgery no pain meds after the first day and has been up hill ever since. Dr VIOL said as long as nothing changes I will be back my regular routine in 2wks. I feel ready now but the doctor knows best.....I was back walking one the treadmill in 6 days. Open for questions. ...currently 163lbs I was 168 before surgery and didn't have much swelling.

THANK YOU LORD. ...

I wasn't born this flat. ..I was 53 August 18, 2012.....I'm just so excited. .....

2012 picture

Here's a 2012 pic of me on a cruise. ..I kept my weight off until 2008 and then menapause set in nothing worked. In this picture I weighed 250 lbs. Once my hormones kinda leveled I started my journey in the back at the ymca I never gave up. Needless to say here I am today. I look at it like this I started at 326lbs back in 1996. The good thing is I kept weight off 12 yrs. Menapause is a part of life, for those of you that have not yet experienced it yet good luck. I'm so glad it's behind me now. What ever you do don't give up stayed on its. It too shell pass.
DR.VIOL

I loved every thing about him very professional. If you don't want the truth them you won't like him..He going to tell you like it is from a professional view. No ferry tales. .Only realistic expectations.

You look awesome! Looks like you had a natural trim waistline under there....I am jealous. I have never had a trim waist line....even in the years before gaining tons of weight. But I am anxious for my surgery next week and an improvement on what I currently have. Keep up your good work
Thank you, I may have had it some where under there ,but yes I had to work very hard twice to find it.....LOL Just to let you know I was always the fat girl in school with the pretty face, at least that's what they called me. I hated going to school, I don't know if they realized but it didn't make feel any better. I didn't know it was there until 1996. Had to find it back after menapause at least I didn't have to start from 326lbs again. ....YOU will be just fineLLtd. Go and let God. ...
I have always been the fat girl with a pretty face too! I actually had gastric back in 2000 with my highest measured weight seen at 489 lbs. I am sure I was over 500 lbs at one point because scales back then couldn't weigh me. I got down to a low of 303 lbs but fluctuated up and down within about a 20 lb variance. After a hysterectomy in 2012 I jumped back up to 365 and as much as I tried to exercise I just couldn't. I walk or ride my exercise bike and my thigh hits the gut and causes more pain. It took a year to be diagnosed with a hernia and it has been a year of trying to get a hernia repair with the panni. Sores. rashes, hernia....yes insurance will cover...but the small town hospital was not experienced insurance wise for the plastics side of it. They referred me to the nearest larger city (st paul mn) and finally here I go! At 5'8" i am still very very large (current 339...hoping to loose another 9 lbs by surgery date) ...but in High school being physically active (jogged, played tennis, basketball, softball, broomball) I was 220 lbs. So I would love to get back to about 250 lbs and go from there.
I'm glad you're going to get the relief yo
Good for you on your weight loss. Losing that amount of weight you did I am sure was not easy but well worth it cause you look fantastic. You should be really proud of yourself.
Thank You so much. ..and it was it takes a lot of dedication and hard work. It's a part of life tho. I'm determined to live as healthy as I can. We can't prevent some illness but we can do our part to help cut down on them...people must realize looks are nothing without good health. ...My books are large but it's nothing a good bra can't handle, that's my breast lift....LOL....WE as women must learn to Love ourselves. I totally agree with the comment you made to the other young lady.
You look fabulous!!!!! You go girl!!
Thank you so much. ..and I wish you a great and speedy recovery. .you will be just fine. ...
Did you get lipo too
No I only got a panniculectomy and my navel had to be moved up because it had dropped down to where the pannis was being removed.
Do u have a before of actual pannus?
The doctor took some of me....I did too but I deleted them from my phone. I go back to my PS in 2wks, I'll ask him for a copy. I've been so excited about my results I keep forgetting to ask how much the skin weighed that he removed. .
U look really good , I still have swelling not to mention an allergic reaction to bacitracin
Thanks. .Thank I've been having a smooth run so far. I've been back in the gym walking on treadmill as much as I want, my doctor cleared me after taking both tubes out on day 6.HOPEFULLY I WON'T EXPERIENCE THE ITCHING I'M ON DAY 14 and my cut is already starting to fade. I'm praying for you a speedy and comfortable recovery.
Just to let you know you look amazing. ...keep up the good work.
I'm sorry I meant to tell to get you a jar of Aquaphor from walmart it's about $15.00.I've been using it for years it's even good for eczema.
Thanks, I am going to start walking next week, I had my breast and tummy done. I'm so ready for the swelling to be gone. Ur tummy seems much flatter so soon
Take your time follow your body, listen to what it tells you, everyone's body reacts differently. You'll be just fine.
I hope so. Thanks
Wowwww you look amazing. Congrats.
Thank you very much, I worked very hard in the gym to accomplish my goal. ...