Mommy Makeover Scheduled for March 7th at 930 Am - Chesapeake, VA

Hi, I am a mommy of two amazing children. Boy and...

Hi, I am a mommy of two amazing children. Boy and girl (4,6). They were 8 plus lbs on my 5'1 frame. My tummy has never been the same and droops like my basset hound. lol My weight loss of 40 lbs didn't help my skin any either. With that the fear of surgery has always stopped me, the whole anestesia situation. But finally I am doing it, on March 7th. Today at 2:00 is my pre-op and between my mixed emotions I am so scared. We are a military family and moveing to Japan the 3rd week of May, so I guess anxiety is just high. Any advice would be so wonderful. I will be doing a full tummy tuck and new under the muscle implants (going smaller). Thanks for all the help!!!!

Any advice would be wonderful, right now I am so...

Any advice would be wonderful, right now I am so scared, and worried I will never wake up (horrible I know). Has anyone else felt like this..please help thanks

well congrats on ur babt news.... everythin happens for a reason.. im sure when ur ready it will happen.... but havein a baby is even better:) good luck w/ everythin..

Citty... Well I hope you are doing well. I myself have been on the pill and found out Friday (after vomiting) that I am pregnant. Yes called my surgeon right away! And had to cancel! Guess it wasn't my time. I can't lie though I am so excited to have one more little one!!! :) I hope you are feeling great!! :)
Hi Jennifer, tommorow is our day girl! How are you doing? Excited....scared....hanging in there? I hope your well, let me know how it goes and I'll update as soon as I feel well enough too! Good luck tommorow!
I have pics and need to post them. I haven't because I try to not think of the surgery until boom I spaze. I tell my hubs the same thing lol .. I did have a problem. I bottomed out, and it was so upsetting. I keep tearing cause I don't want to leave my babies. I think your right I may go natural, I think I will be happier. How long ago did you quit smoking? That's an awesome accomplishment. I feel so torn, I have thought of canceling. One person told me to because its at my ps surgery center. They scared me so much. I hope I calm down soon. :(
Hi Jennifer,
Congrats on your upcoming great new body! I used to live in Hampton Roads area. My hubby was navy. You are going to do fine. I think the anesthesia is the biggest concern. I have had general anesthesia twice before, but not for such a long duration. Who is your doctor? I never looked into this when I lived there, always thought of it as a unattainable dream. Of course I also didn't have my second child yet. Just think how awesome you will feel when you move to Japan, no more saggy stomach, one less stressful thing to deal with. Just make sure you don't do any heavy lifting. The movers should take care of everything! Keep us updated.
We are navy too, and my surgeon is Joanne Lopes. I trust her fully I am just so worried about dieing and leaving my kids. I guess it is a normal feeling and maybe with all the stress from the move and everything that may just be why Iam an emotional wreck. Yes its the anestesia, it freaks me out and I have had surgery before. I don't know if these feelings will go away or what I really hope they do though.
Hey.. I won't lie. I have had nightmares because I am so scared. I'm healthy, but still so scared. Its taking over the excitment. I just don't understand why! I want more easy with it and crazy enough its my decision to do it lol... Any words would be great! And how are you doing? Are you excited?? Is your procedure at a hospital or clinic? Also .. I'm debating on just not getting new implants, and going natural. So much stress... :/ help :)
I know it's hard, I'm going through the same feelings as you, only one nightmare though. If you absolutely get to many bad feelings or reoccuring signs it may not hurt to reschedule it, but I bet it's just nerves. I keep asking all my friends and family if they have any bad feelings about my surgery because I'm scared too. I'm most worried about my lungs ironically. I was a heavy smoker and right now I am fighting a cold. I'm excited too, I keep telling my husband I'm sorry for freaking out because I do want this. I think we all go through this. I'm having my surgery done at my surgeons clinic, and going home same day. I was in the hospital for 4 days with both my c-sections, so I'm scared about going home....I am about 15-20 minutes away from my surgeons and a bumpy car ride home is a little freaky, but I'm sure it will be fine. I have not seen any pics of your body, but I would think if you already have implants and take them out, you might need a lift...? I'm sorry, I don't know if you do or not, but I'm thinking you will be happier with your tummy if your happy with your breast as well. It might be better to go natural if you haven't liked your implants or there were problems, discomfort, etc. Really whatever will make you happy is what you should do! Any luck with posting pics?
Don't back out! I almost did you will do great! It's very scary, but just think there is more risk driving your car everyday and the pain is totally bearable.
Aww thanks, my wonderful friend told me the same thing. She is even so great at to have her hubs talk to me, because he is a doctor. And yet still he can not get thru to my thick head lol! I am wondering if maybe my emotions are running wild beause I stopped taking birth control 6 days ago. I am a basket case.. What do you think?? again thanks for the words. I dont think that without this page I would make it to Monday and go thru with it...
Hi, We all understand as we are all in this together. I think you should still go through with it, lots of surgeons do it in there own clinic because it saves you money and hospital costs, just make sure it is a fully accredited center. I quit smoking a little over 5 weeks ago, I was over a pack a day for 12 years.
Hey Citty.. How are you feelling today? I am a little calmer and keep telling myself that all will be fine.It is aazing you quit 5 weeks ago! that is so wonderful. We only have 3 days ... ok, I wont be saying that again lol. Are you calm about it? And yes fully accredited. And beautiful I saw it and the recovery room, it was nice. :)
Hi, no I am so not calm about it! lol : ) I need some xanax h (giggles) I am freaking out about size because I'm unsure. How are you doing? Are you feeling better about your surgeons office? We are so close.....scared, excited, haven't even done any housework, nesting stuff everyone else seems to do....been way to busy or on this computer (giggles).....how long is your surgery going to take?
Hi CittyCat,
Oh my can I relate. My husband had to ask if I was pregnant, as I have beeen nesting as well! It is funny how the same feelings go into it as you want to be "ready" for the next 6 weeks! I am so unsure about the size as well! My surgery date is March 10th, a few days after yours! Now back to the housework;)-there is still a lot on my mind I need to finish;).
Goodluck to you!!
Hi,
I noticed I didn't answear all of your quesitons, so sorry;). I am doing pretty good! Just ready for the day to be here; however in reality I do feel like there is so much more I want to get done and also get a little more loving from my little ones :'). Leaving them is going to be tough for me and letting the house go as well! I am also worried about going under! When they asked for our Will it kind of freaked me out! My surgery is going to take 3 1/2 hours! I was so surprised that short with a breast aug, mini-standard tummy tuck, and lipo of the inner and outer thighs. How about you? How long is your surgery? Yaah for you only 3 days away!!! :) I may be asking you a few days later what to expect;).
Jennifer,
I can totally relate on not wanting to leave your kids! I have such guilt that I "am a bad mommy" to leave them like this! Hopefully they won't remember;). However, my older ones will. I keep thinking, only a few more of these good hugs and and holding them for awhile :(. My nerves are everywhere as well! The anesthesia is scaring me! I have never had surgery of any kind! I however, think we will be so happy six weeks post op. Keep your head up! Goodluck with your next few days! We deserve this:) and to feel more us in our bodies once again:)
I truely am trying. I keep telling myself it is my time, and yet im crying. Not sure if there is just too much going on right now or what? Are you scared to never wake up?? thats my fear.
Yes that is a fear of mine. Then I think about how many other women have gone through the same process fine; I think that has helped! Especially knowing your doctor is board certified, has the credentials, and has done the procedure many times before. That helps calm my thoughts. Hope this helps but don't get me wrong, it still comes and goes in my mind. So happy for you!! Only a few more days!
Hi Jennifer, how are you doing? I know I am getting really excited and scared. I talked to a patient from my surgeons office who had a mommy makeover 4 weeks ago and it really helped to hear her tell me she would do it again and that she's doing well. This website has been a wonderful support, Seeing the before and after pics keeps me wanting it and staying positive. Japan...wow. That will be quite a move. Keep in touch, were getting so close!
You will do wonderful! Any questions just ask!
Mommy of 4... I do have a few.. How did you feel going into surgery? And was it really painful when you woke up? ... theres more just cant remember them all lol thanks bunches
Going into surgery I was terrified! I kept begging the nurse to hurry up and get me the prep (lah lah land) med!when she did that was the last thing I remember and don't even remember being in recovery! My first memory was being in my hospital room. Had no pain, I was high as a kite!lol!
hi there.. iam almos 4 wks out of sc this week and iam am fellin wonderful honestly at almos 2 weeks i was back on my feet and doin house work and drivin i had a full tt and a breast lift with 400 cc silcone implants.. and lipo of the flanks.. there was alot of uncomftorable but not relly any pain.. if anythin just in my back,,, from bein hunched over.. which my back stil aches some now.. its not so bad thou only when im sittin for awhile and get rite back up i find myself kinda hunched over then i straighten myself out and walk normal again.. lol
overall iam doin really good and just now startin to get my self back to normal.,.:) good luck and keep us posted.... u wont regret it...
Hi thanks for the comment.. I am excited just wish the wait wasn't so long so it was done lol.. I do worry alot so I am being the usual me, but I know and feel in my heart it will be worth it in so many ways, just to be happy with me again will be amazing. I just want to kiss my kids as soon as I wake up. :)