Lift with Giampapa Method - Cherry Hill, NJ

A small incision under the chin and lipo .the...

A small incision under the chin and lipo .the length of my ears incisions behind the ears. I didn't have jowls when I went for the procedure and I do now. The skin is pulled back without bringing it up to give a contour to the face. Also numbness on my left side and a band running under my chin to my ear. I alsoHave a deep burning on my left side. I didn't have a drain and said the next day post op I felt like I needed to be drained I now am experiencing nerve damage and what seems to be a hematoma .

Neck lift

I am still experiencing pain and burning on my left side. The sharp stabbing pain behind my right ear has not subsided. The rope like mark has come back. I am resting more again and hope this helps.

Neck lift

I am two months out of surgery. I still have burning pain behind my ears but it comes and goes. I have a gland that is swollen on my left side under my chin. It feels as if my throat is closed on that side and any fluid has trouble draining. I notice it draining as the day goes by but fills up again at bedtime. I'm still not satisfied with my result.

Neck lift

I am still experiencing swelling under my chin on the left side. It seems like a gland that is enlarged my throat doesn't seem fully open on that side as if it is constricted. As the day goes on I feel drainage but then as evening approaches it fills up again only to start the draining all over again the next day. I am two months out of surgery. Hope this resolves itself soon.

Neck lift

I am 10 weeks post surgery. My glad is getting smaller. I am still numb and the incision under my chin is still bumpy. I have begun to notice some crape ing on my neck. Kind of disappointing. Otherwise the pain has subsided and I'm doing well. I have had a lot of positive responses from friends.

Neck lift

I am not feeling well. The left side of my neck has a rope like swelling. The swelling constricts my throat. I am 15 weeks post surgery. Sometimes the swelling is soft and squishy. It also is purple in color. It looks like a shadow on that side. The stitches around my neck are pulled so tight I look like a sock puppet I just wonder if anyone has experienced this and will it go away eventually. That side of my neck feels like a mass is constricting my breath especially when I exercise.

Neck lift

I am 6 months post op and am now going to get some in person consultations for what can be done now. The left side of my face feels as if it is pulling down. My plastic surgeon has no answers for me My neck is a mess

Checking in...how are you?
I'm so so so sorry to find your blog. I had the same and a long saga with Dr. Giampapa himself and his suture suspension technique. I have photos that look very similar to yours. I have been dealing with a nightmare and feel upset with myself I trusted and believed this doctor who promised to make me happy only made me emotionally break down and insecure about myself that for 3 years I was not social with anyone except my close friends and work people. Not to get into me going on and on, I can tell you I had 9 consultations after I had the similar issues and they all said I should have it removed. Not one of them do or believe in this procedure, he developed it in like 2002 and if was a wonderful, state-of-the-art procedure with a great outcome every doctor would be doing it. It is a foreign body and your body does not want it there and the suture (like fishing line) is rubbing In your neck causing scar tissue. The pinching is the suture that is tied into your muscle behind your ear. He actually did something he had never done before on me, basically he added loops and many sutures causing pain and lumps that never went away after 3 years. I could see and feel the suture around my neck, he told me it was scar tissue and not suture, but was confirmed it was suture by other doctors. He did not tell me he was going to change his technique and add additional suture loops, he said I would be in his book, I said oh the chapter of what went wrong??? 6 weeks ago I finally had them removed. I feel so much better now. My situation is much worse and I have scarring on my neck from what I believe was an infection trying to get out in boil like lumps on suture lines and was told by one doctor I probably had keloid he did not address. I am sorry to share my story, but I think I needed to share what I went through. It can be remedied. You are at 6 months, so revision can be done soon. I wish you the best and hope that no one else will ever get this procedure and the doctors that do it, read this post. Best of luck to you, I'm so sorry. I know it doesn't help thou that I've been through it too, but you can get it fixed by having it removed and having a standard necklift done. Wish the best for you. Sorry for rambling...
Thank you for your post. I wish I had not gone through with the neck lift but I will look to have a revision done and hopefully the doctor I choose next time will have the skill to help me. I know I will be extremely careful with my choice. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone in this. My current PS has done a good job of making me feel like I'm the only one to have ever had an issue.
I know how you feel...believe me and it is sad to know that doctors make us feel terrible when they are supposed to help. There are very caring doctors out there that will be upfront with you and I have met some in my consultations, we forget that it is a business for them and some take advantage of that I think. Unfortunately, I think my doctor being the inventor of the procedure has his pride that keeps him doing it. If you are interested in doctors in NYC, I would be happy to share one doctor in particular I would recommend. Inbox me if you would like me to send his information.
By the way, not sure you saw my pictures...check them out, you will see I know up exactly how you feel. Hang in there....we are our own worst critics. Be kind to yourself, I know easier said then done.
Sorry for my typos.
Thank you. I will.
It does seem he really tightened the muscles in the neck --- I wish you well and keep us posted
The left side of my neck is pulling downward. I am now 6 months post surgery. I am going to wait until August then go get another opinion on what I can do now.
Hello. So sorry about your surgery. I haven't heard of this method either but the Plastic Surgeon I am going to said it's not good to do just a neck lift because, as you said, you can't lift the skin up and back. He recommends the short face lift which is the neck up to the crow's feet. The price is about 8k in Dallas, TX. You might want to see about having it redone by someone else and check on complaints on the doctor you choose. Good Luck!
I am still experiencing a rope like mark under my left side and the pain behind my right ear is still very sharp. I still am icing and massaging .

I'm sorry you're having a rough recovery! Can you tell me more about what the giampapa method is? I'm not familiar with that.

I'm glad you reached out here and I hope you'll continue to update us as you heal.