Bad, Bad, Bad ... Unevenness, Sagging, Scarring, Etc - Cherry Hill, NJ

He ruined my body. I am worse off for letting him...

He ruined my body. I am worse off for letting him work on me :(

One year ago (3/11) I had plastic surgery – lipo to flanks, abdomen, inner thigh, hip area and buttocks (unconsented) performed by Dr. Lyle Back of Cherry Hill, NJ.  Immediately I noticed irregularities – too much fat taken out on left side of body (flanks, butt and inner thigh) compared to right.  Also, Dr. Back did something to my butt wherein he created a new/unnatural butt crease which caused my butt to drop and sag.  This was never discussed with me nor did I consent to him doing this.  Additionally, since the surgery I have an extremely difficult time sitting on hard surfaces – note that the incisions for my butt bleed out for over a month – 3-5 weeks longer than the other surgical sites.  I also have daily pain at the lymph area next to the surgical site at the right inner thigh site.

I never consented to have any fat removed from my buttocks.  I previously had lipo 8 years ago and wanted only to have a little fat removed from the inner thigh, however, Dr. Back told me that the areas I have done before should all be touched up.  Those areas were the inner and outer thigh, hips, flanks and abdomen.  I consented to those areas - not my butt!!

I have talked to Dr. Back on several occasions about my concerns.  He kept telling me that it could take a year to see the final result.  I am not at all happy with the results.  My body is completely uneven and my butt is not repairable without extensive scarring.  I have sought the opinion of 4 other PS in South Jersey and Philadelphia, all of which note the defects and state that lipo can take care of the abdomen and flanks, however, my butt is deformed.  One dr mentioned fat grafting  to fill in buttocks crease and the others felt it might make things worse.  They all stated he should not have touched my buttocks as this sagging and dropping was likely to happen.  I never expected anything to happen to my butt as I did not consent to work being done on my butt.

I have been trying to work with him to correct the problem areas.  We had a meeting in which he said he would do the revision lipo and fat grafting to the butt (at the time I was considering fat grafting until I was told it could make it worse than what it is) for no charge to me.  Note the only paperwork I have states that for revisions, anesthesia and facility will be charged and dr’s fees may or may not be charged.  His office manager got back to me and he now wants to charge me $4200 to fix his mistakes.  I paid $7000 already and did not get the benefit of any good work.  Now he wants additional money to fix his gross negligence?

Not only was the liposuction disastrous, leaving me with a deformed buttocks which cannot be fixed, along with the need for additional lipo to my abs and flanks, but Dr. Back’s treatment in the handling of my complaint was just plain egregious.   Initially he verbally offered to fix all my problems at no to little cost.  After our meeting he had his office manager, Kathleen, call me back with a quote of over $4,200.  He lied to me.  He ruined my butt.  I also have large scars that have not healed in the pubic/bikini area, along with the unevenness in the flanks, abs and also legs that I will need to have another surgeon fix.  Stay away from him!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Back did several things 1) he took fat out of my butt which caused it to drop/sag - this is known to occur and should never be done; 2) I never agreed to have the fat taken out of my butt; 3) he sculpted a new butt/glute crease - ugh! - which is quite noticeable 4) the sagging but caused saddlebags and so much more - but to make matters worse - Dr Back agreed to do the revisions at no cost when I was in the office talking to him and then had his office manager tell me it would cost me thousands to fix his mistakes!

Dr. Glat does not appear to have any photos of his work on his website. I personally will not consult with someone who doesn't have photos. If this is an error, would someone please post a link to his work? thanks. Dr. Falcone has very few photos so I was also disappointed with that. I have used Dr. Alvin Glasgold for facial procedures, and one of the main reasons was because he has the most incredible gallery of photos. I knew he had the skill before I went to see him. Why doctors don't realize this, I have no idea. Some even post the most ridiculous photos--look like they were taken with a cell phone in a dark room. or, for example, if its a photo of a brazilian butt lift, it's taken so close to the buttock, its out of focus and doesn't even include the whole buttock. If a doctor can't take a photo or display photos in a professional manner, I am NOT going to let him touch my face or body!
Don't know if you've had revision done but I've had many successful procedures with Dr. Victoria Falcone (in NJ & Phila) my sister also has had many procedures with her. I've also used Dr. Glat (who happens to be the Chief Of Plastic Surgery at St. Chris. Hop. In Phila.) Just a suggestion. Wish you the best.
Hi there, Im very sorry to hear about your results. I hope that all can be fixed over time and at a reasonable cost... I appreciate your post and truth on this doctor to let others know
I've had similar disastrous results with Dr. Thomas Littner, in Marietta, GA. I have consulted with 4 Drs including one in NYC. Please email me so we can compare notes. Maybe we can put our heads together and come up with the right Dr.
I have a few appts scheduled with Drs in NYC that specialize in lipo revision/fat grafting to the buttocks area. We'll see what they say. As for the other areas, I will most likely get this done after the summer and after I save up the $$$ to get the revision lipo done. Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry you haven't ended up with the results you desired. Will you be having a revision with another doctor, or is that on hold due to costs, etc?