Excellent Experience at the Hughes Center - Cherry Hill, NJ

I had been a competitive athlete most of my...

I had been a competitive athlete most of my childhood and in college. Since I was always so active, I was able to eat whatever I wanted and still maintain a nice body. However, after graduation I took an office job which involved sitting a lot in front of a computer and in meetings. While I continued to work out at the gym pretty regularly, the fact that I was sedentary 8 hours a day, Mon-Fri, combined with the aging process and beginning perimenopause in my mid 40’s, my weight slowly began to increase to the point where I no longer looked like the person I had most of my life. I tried living with it, and working out harder, but wasn’t really able to make a big difference in my size and shape. For a long time I just chalked it up to my genetic make-up, the aging process, and resigned myself to the fact that I’d have to live with it. Then one day when I was at the Hughes Center for laser hair removal with Kerry, I saw information about liposuction and body sculpting. I inquired about liposuction for my abdominal area, and learned that it was very affordable and that I could finance it through the Hughes Center. All of a sudden, what I thought was impossible, became very real. I spent the next year undergoing three surgeries including liposuction and Smart Lipo to my abdominal area, hips, thighs, calves, flanks and arms – and I got a Brazilian Butt Lift to boot! I went from a size 14 to a size 6-8, found that I had pretty killer abs hiding under all those layers of fat and have a nicer body now than I had when I was swimming four hours a day in college. Additionally, there was so much more that I gained than just a nice body. My sex drive has returned and my overall self- esteem is much better. I just feel like the person I used to be. I also enjoy shopping for clothes and being in photographs again.

Cherry Hill Oculoplastic Surgeon

From start to finish, I had excellent experiences with Dr Hughes and her staff. Dr Hughes was highly recommended by my massage therapist. I’ve had excellent experiences with all the staff members I’ve encountered at the Hughes Center. My initial consults with Rose and Tracy, as well as my surgery, pre and post op care with Dr Hughes and medical assistants Dan, Amy, Danielle and Diana, was exceptional. Dr Hughes isn’t just a surgeon, she’s an artist, as well as being very caring and nurturing. The staff all made me feel very welcomed and we had a number of good laughs throughout my year of treatment. Everyone is very professional, but also allow you to see their human side, which I found to be very disarming and comforting. The type of work I had done was very personal and intimate, so having a human connection with the people doing the work made a huge difference. I feel like everyone at the Hughes Center including the receptionists Lauren and Tina, have become part of my extended family. I had a wonderful experience, and continue to go back for other treatments. I’d highly recommend the Hughes Center for any cosmetic or aesthetic procedures.

Hi cooperscout, I'm so happy everything turned out great for you. Do you have before and afters to show. I am a few years before my 50th and have held on to my athletic body up until 45 yo. Unfortunately, I am at that point where my wait goes up and down. My main problem zone is my midsection which was always a problem after my child was born. I would also like the brazilian butt lift too. Right now I'm just shopping around for a great doctor. Did you pay 3000 for the entire precedure? And how long did it take to recover? What was some of the difficulties of your recovery?
Hi Triny, you're situation sounds similar to mine. The cost was $3,000 per area, the recovery process can take about 6 mos in total, but I was back to work a week following surgery and back to the gym about 3-4 weeks after that. I wore a compression garment for 6 weeks following surgery. I developed a few seromas or pockets of fluid under my skin immediately after surgery, but Dr Hughes easily drained it. It's been a year and a half since my abdominal liposuction and my abs still look great. I will post photos within the next week.
Hi CooperScout, I don't see any photos. do you still plan to post some?