So Happy with Results, Dr. Chernoff's Practice in Indianapolis is Wonderful! - Indianapolis, IN

I had a septoplasty and rhinoplasty last December,...

I had a septoplasty and rhinoplasty last December, performed by Dr. Gregory Chernoff in Indianapolis. I have disliked my nose since I hit puberty, with a basketball injury making my dorsal hump even more pronounced. I used to hate wearing my hair in a ponytail and throw away any photo that showed me from the side.

I had wanted a nose job and gone to two consultations prior to finding Dr. Chernoff in Indianapolis. Dr. Chernoff's office was instantly different from my other experiences. The staff is very warm and welcoming. I appreciated how professional the staff was without being intimidating. Dr. Chernoff is a board certified cosmetic surgeon and has a lot of experience specializing in facial reconstruction related to cancer treatment. He sat with me for about an hour, listening to my thoughts, and asking questions, (there is no fee for a consultation). I felt really comfortable talking about my concerns and asking questions. During my appointment they gave me digital before and afters showing what Dr. Chernoff and I discussed.

I scheduled my appointment a week later. While my husband and I waited for the date, we started to question my digital image. Dr. Chernoff met with us to discuss our concerns. We were concerned my nose would be too thin. Dr. Chernoff edited my digital photo to decrease the thinness of my bridge, (6 months after surgery, I realize he was probably right with the first image, but I still love my results).

As we got closer to surgery, the office staff made sure I had everything I needed to prepare. The practice's nurse, Julie, is especially reassuring. She has been with Dr. Chernoff for a long time and is able to describe the surgery, recovery and healing process completely.

I had my procedure at a Surgery Center. The staff was great and my anesthesiologist, (have to look up his name!) was very funny and did his best to calm my nerves. I got very nervous walking into the surgery room - I would advise any prospective patients from looking at the surgical tools. My anesthesiologist started asking me about vacations and pretty soon I was asleep. After surgery the nurses in the recovery room were great - I came to a couple times, feeling anxious and jittery, which I was given ativan for. Fortunately I didn't feel nauseated, which was my biggest fear.

Recovery was a little more difficult than what I had expected HOWEVER I had read a lot of reviews on real self where people talked about cleaning their house on day three, or going out with friends. Give yourself five days of laying around the house and doing minor housework - if you are able to heal faster than that great, but don't expect to be completely back on your feet right away.

10 days after surgery I had my bandages removed. I thought it was funny that there were three of us with bandages on our noses waiting to see the doctor, (and happy I went with someone with a lot of rhinoplasty experience). Dr. Chernoff explained that my nose would still be swollen and was only 10 days into a 6 month healing process. When he took my bandage off I cried because I was so happy. My nose was swollen but was beautiful, straighter than it had ever been.

Since surgery I have gone back in to see Dr. Chernoff about every month. My results continue to get better. I was told not to expect a lot of people to notice, but instead to have people comment that my eyes look brighter or something seems different. That is exactly what has happened, my eyes are my main features now and my nose is a complement to them rather than hindrance.
Dr. Gregory Chernoff

Absolutely would recommend. Dr. Chernoff really is an artist and really kind.

I live in Indy and am looking for a surgeon to fix my nose, which I broke twice playing sports when I was younger. Who are the other surgeons you saw for consults, and how is your recovery now? Thank you!

Thanks for your write up of your experience. I'm so glad this was worth it to you and that you're loving your results!