Chemical Peel Will Solve All my Skin-aging Problems

I had a chemical peel done on Tuesday at my...

I had a chemical peel done on Tuesday at my dermatologist’s office. I went to him years ago for acne treatment and came back for peel advice after researching it on the Internet. I’ve met a lot of happy peelers so I gave it a try.

Most of my peel used Jessner’s solution with TCA on areas with fine lines. I’m fighting the overall aging of my face - the pores, the rough texture, age spots, etc.

In anticipation, I took pain medication. Do this! The peeling burned and stung like it should but the pain could have been a lot worse. I have kept on the pills until I get the healing done with.

You want to know how I look now? Detestable! I look like some horror film monster with my entire face pink, puffy and bloated. But I knew this coming in, and I set aside time to recover and come out of this.

To help the process along I am moisturizing every 4-6 hours and staying at home, out of the sun, not overextending myself. It feels like sunburn and I’m lethargic in the same way that I would be if I had bad sunburn and didn’t want to move.

Every day I see myself getting better and my condition improving. I can’t wait to see myself this time next week when I will hopefully look normal again! Based on these results so far I would say it’s definitely worth it; I had so many aging issues with my face and I didn’t want to do a laser here, an injection there - all of that costs. I feel confident that with the chemical peel I will improve all of my problem areas at once. How much better can you get?