Impressed by the Results

I had my medium peel done by my plastic surgeon a...

I had my medium peel done by my plastic surgeon a few months after having done an upper eyelid lift and rhinoplasty, all of which i'd also recommend. It was a bit uncomfortable but not painful. It looked like a mild sunburn right after. I am 41 and have fair skin with some wrinkles and sun damage spots. A couple of days after the peel, my skin began to peel. It took about 7-9 days for it to completely peel. As my skin peeled off, so did many of the sun spots. The ones that had deeper pigmentation did not peel off. Overall, I was impressed. It did not have any effect on my fine lines and wrinkles. I will be going to my local day spa for my next peel. They have a 50% peel and only charge $80. At some point I'd like to start doing them at home. I know there are web sites that sell various levels of peels. I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried at home peels and at what stregnths.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I also use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle as a daily moisture lotion. I use it at night. It stings a little similar to a peel but you get used to it. I use a regular anti wrinkle type moisturizer for daytime. My face feels smooth and looks great with this routine.
The peel results really don't show up as well as pics in my experience. You could try youtube. People post "how to's" for everything including at home peels.
Before and after pictures don't show close up detail. Texture improves over time and is gradual. It will not be a stunning difference unless taken after maybe a year or more of weekly peels. I have had much success and satisfaction with the 50% glycolic peel purchased from glycolicpeeldotcom. Start with a 30 and gradually move up in strength. Good luck to all.
It'd be wonderful if more pics were posted of befores & afters on this site! ;)
Hello, I am so interested too.Did you find the web site of where to purchase the peel and what is the name of the item? Thanks
Could you let me know the web site for the peels also? Thak you so much! -- Editor note: This user can be contacted privately by clicking on their username.
I myself have done 30% Glycolics at home. Was a bit apprehensive at first as I have never done them but once the first one was over it was a piece of cake from there. Just follow the directions carefully and work up in time as you go along in the peel series. I am currently going on my last in a series of 6 30% peels...I have tolerated the 30% very well. I have noticed improvement in my skin texture and tone. My coloring is very even and skin is baby soft. Going to take a month off and start up with either a 40% or 50% for the next series. Can't wait to see the results from that! Just make sure you are purchasing from a reputable seller...there are many out there to choose from.
Becky656 Glad to hear your results were pleasing to you. I do obtain Glycolic peels on the internet and have been extremely pleased with the results. I use a 50% peel once a week. I also use several other skin treatments at home that I am very pleased with. If you want to know the website for the peels let me know. I dont know if I can publish the info here. If you follow directions to a tee an don't misuse the products you can get great results. Good luck.
OMG! Where do you buy them? I've done the salon ones always but they add up...Please tell me send me an e-mail if it's not too much trouble.