Ultherapy Did NOT Work, Extremely Painful & Expensive - New York, NY

It's been over one year now and after waiting...

It's been over one year now and after waiting (more on this) other need to know about the latest hyped treatment is another hoax from my experience, ditto with my cousin and her girlfriend.

I Had it done by Jane (laser technician at Chelsea Eye & Cosmetic Surgery in New York City). Jane is very nice w/ lots of tattoos.
My specs: 43 yrs, woman, c-level in advertising, 2 degrees, invested in many procedures.
Cost: $3,100 for face, neck. Two passes over these areas.
Pain: The pain was truly intense, extreme at times, Excruciating. They gave strong pain pills, plus a sedative. The skin felt like it was literally being cooked alive. Stopped many times due to my pain threshold.

Actual results & timeline:
2 days later: My face very tender, red discoloration, several "hot spots" from almost burned areas, no puffiness, but very tight, it looked good.
1 week follow up: Complete reversal of tightness, my face was back to original look (it quickly reverted back by day 5). Skin was still tender & numb in places.
1 month follow up: I was told the procedure will "kick in" between 1 to 3 months is "normal" for some patients, and the healing is what causes the lift.
3 month follow up: Nothing, my face looked the same except my neck & jaw line were much more loose. I was upset. Jane chimed in that " for some customers, it takes a couple more months to kick in".
6 month follow up: Nothing, before and after photos they took prove it, plus my own. I'm very upset because it did nothing but make the jaw & neck noticeably damaged looking.
9 month follow up: The office supervisor made amends. I have not added photos due to my career.
Always take your own photos in the same setting, lighting & distance for proof in case your go to court over a botched treatment. These are your trump cards.

I cannot recommend Jane, her skill was failing on other procedures as well. The office is run well, and friendly. From researching, my cousin, friend, myself and many others on real patient sites about this procedure: Ultherapy has a Poor benefit to cost ratio. It's intensely painful, they need to be more honest about this. It's just the latest "Thermage", which has proven to be hardly effective for the vast majority. This isn't plastic surgery, so I don't buy into the "it's in the hand of the technician" either.
Do your research and if Ultherapy (lovely sounding name isn't it?) works it will be very minimal and short lived.
Jane

Please see above.

What a bummer to feel like things looked worse afterwards. :( I'm really sorry to hear. From what I understand, in the last year or so some of the protocols have been changed to try to make the treatment more comfortable. Did anything happen to be mentioned to you if the new protocols were being used, or if they were sticking with the originals?