34 First Time Juvederm User - Chattanooga, TN

I was bothered by my constantly tired/angry look...

I was bothered by my constantly tired/angry look and as a model, definitely needed to add the umph back to my facial profile. After I had my now, 2 year old son, I noticed quite a bit of volume loss, probably from gaining then losing a large amount of weight. Because voluma is so expensive here in nashville, I actually drove to Affordable Botox of Chattanooga for my injections and while I was there, had botox injected as well.

I was very nervous but the nurse Jill was very reassuring. We decided on two syringes of voluma and after she injected my right side, she handed me a mirror, and it was amazing. As it was injected, I could actually feel my skin lifting. She then did the left side and after looking it over, I decided to add another syringe.

I'm very, very happy with the results, my only fear now is whether or not it will last. I had a bad experience with botox before where I was overcharged and it only lasted six weeks, so I'm a little skeptical when it comes to the treatments lasting.

I'll post again in a week or so to let you know if it's holding up, because I had read that some people were very happy the first few days, then disappointed after the swelling went down. I'm hoping that by adding that third syringe, I'll be happy even when the swelling goes down.

24 hours

24 hours later before and after pictures. A little bruising and a little sore but nothing too bad.

One month later

I feel that my right side is drooping a little though my husband says be doesn't see it, so it's not noticeable to others yet. Most likely I will be getting at least another half syringe at the 6 month mark. I'm very happy with the results, but like all fillers, it won't last and it requires maitenance. I know the voluma literature says it lasts up to two years, but I doubted that before I ever got it. I'm crossing my fingers for at least one year with a 6 month touch up. We'll see....
Jill

Affordable Botox of Chattanooga

You look really great. You looked great before but even better after!
:) judyls here again. Voluma was injected midface,paranasal; sounds like what you also want. I'm going back to her next week, hope to get more info. Disappointed that 2yr as advertised is waaay short!
So, just to clarify--you did go with Voluma? What exactly did you have injected and where? (I'm focused on midface/paranasal area?)
Judy is, here, I'm not sure if you are asking me (I'm new to this site). I had Voluma in cheek area,centered on cheekbarea below eyes which made my line from eye disappear also. I was so pleased ....but now skin is a wrinkle. I don't know how to post a pic. Going back to Dr next week, anxious to see how she will make this good.
Sorry, I should have clarified I was asking Moxiemantrap. If you go into Real Self account settings, your notifications are probably set so that any time ANYBODY comments on a post you have commented on--even if they are not addressing you specifically--you will get an email update. I learned that the hard way. Good luck with your appointment, sorry you didn't get the results you wanted.
My injections were mid face and a small amount up the cheekbones but the majority of the voluma was in the mid face.
@Moxiemantrap: Thank you for answering. How long will they last and how bad was the pain and swelling? Do you know if Voluma can be undone (like Restylane...?) if there's puckering or another adverse reaction)? What made you choose this over implants? I actually do have a structural deficiency I'd be happy to change but I'm worried I'm choosing paranasal or midface implants too quickly over a minilift or fillers. I don't want anything that drastic; I'd like to be able to smile as confidently as I did five years ago before that area of my face/upper teeth started moving so much.
I chose voluma because of it's ability to lift. I am also interested in cheek implants down the road but wanted to do the fillers first until I feel I'm ready for the implants. Voluma can be undone but make sure to ask your dr if they have the injections for this in their office. Pain for the voluma was minimal, really just depends on your pain tolerance. Swelling was not bad but I did ice the area for several days afterward, just off and on usually at the end of the day. There was not Any puckering but I can feel small bumps that are not visibly noticeable. They don't bother me because I can only feel them, not see them.
Had Voluma in both cheeks in February, 2014, it started to 'disappear' in late May, now August and is GONE. What can I do? How can my doctor make this right? Any suggestions?
I have a hard time with botox staying for more than 6 weeks. I've only had the voluma for 6 weeks as of now so I'm not sure when I'll start seeing it fade. I know I'm not betting on two years like the advertising says. My dr offers a touch up syringe for half the cost, so you might ask yours about that. However, most drs will have you sign forms when you initially have fillers done saying that if it doesn't last, it's not their fault. Everyone's metabolism is different :/
How many syringes did you get initially?
Thanks for your reply. She put Botox at lipline also, it was gone in no time. So I'm wondering if I'm a person whose body will somehow reject the treatments??? My appt is this coming Thursday, will post results.
Moxiemantrap, you mentioned 3 syringes. Was that three in each cheek or Three total ?
It was three total.
How much was the Botox?
Botox is only $9.50/unit everyday and they run specials that give you some free botox with other treatments.
You are looking great!  Definitely keep us posted!
Thanks! Will do
Sorry about the auto correct typos :/ I wish we could edit our reviews. That should say 34 and first time voluma user.
We'll look at that, I can edit it haha!