51yo Female Short Scar Lower Facelift & Necklift - Chatswood, AU

My neck had sagged considerably after weight loss...

My neck had sagged considerably after weight loss and a previous surgeon's attempt using thread lift and liposuction. I am fair and have fine skin, and felt that my neck was ageing me faster than the rest of my face despite having reasonably good skin for my age . Dr Gerarchi also recommended a short scar facelift. I had one night in hospital and the procedure took approx 4-5 hours. I am only about 7 weeks out but already very pleased with the results. The scars are healing very nicely as incisions were carefully done and stitched. It was uncomfortable with all the head bandages and drains in hospital but was prepared for this as I'd had a breast reduction some years before. Wearing the chin strap continually for 3 weeks was tiresome but necessary. After that you wear the chinstrap at night for 4-6 weeks. This is ok. There was bruising but not as much as I expected. I followed all pre and post operative instructions very carefully. I do look younger but not in a weird way. Some people say I look "well" or "refreshed". Those who know what I've had done say I look 5-10 years younger. There is still some numbness down the sides of the face and under the neck and chin area feels "tight" - but not unbearably. I knew this would be the case but assume that as time goes on this will improve. I did a lot of research on the internet prior to this procedure and had been contemplating it for 3-4 years.

Photos necklift , lower face short scar

These are before and afters - keeping in mind it's only 7 weeks since the procedure,
I'm thrilled. I also forgot to mention that facial physio sessions and lymphatic drainage / massage
is also recommended by a suitable practitioner. It helps with post operative swelling and you learn to give your face a massage yourself, when cleared by your Surgeon.
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Paul Gerarchi is a very experienced surgeon. I chose him because not only is he a plastic surgeon for aesthetics but has done corrective and reconstructive work for people born with defects or a result of illness or accident. He is very approachable and easy to talk to, he asks what your own expectations are and advises realistically within that context. He doesn't push his ideas on you or does a hard sell. He is very patient and sensitive. (I figured anyone who does corrective surgery in third world countries is a good guy!) Initially I was only going to have the neck lift but he suggested a lower face lift also. He didn't push it but more or less left me to consider it. I wanted an honest professional opinion as I was scared of having a facelift as well. When I realised that the short scar could be easily incorporated into the neck lift I decided to do both. He assured me I wouldn't look like one of those freaky wind blown stretched faced women with weird ears! The two procedures together made good aesthetic sense. I'm glad I went ahead with this, and very satisfied so far at this point of post surgery. Dr Gerarchi's Staff at Chatswood are lovely ladies, very approachable, professional yet fun. They made me feel relaxed and looked after. It's a big deal doing this sort of thing, and my decision was made after thinking and researching long and hard. I also had peri orbital fillers and some fillers on my cheekbones. I have only shown my lower face as I wished to maintain my anonymity. I would recommend Dr Gerarchi and his team to anyone who wants a professional outcome. Some other practitioners may be less expensive, or experienced but when it comes to your face, there should be no compromise. I had a friend who had this procedure by a "cosmetic cowboy" - and endured a severed facial nerve and a lot of grief. All surgery has risks, and yes, you do sign off on this, but choose the very best professional you can, and your chances of a great outcome are greatly increased.