Asian Eyelid Experience- Dr Peter Kim in Sydney -Chatswood, AU

BE WARNED: Not all drs that claim they are...

BE WARNED: Not all drs that claim they are specialist in asian cosmetic surgery are true. They are in it for a quick buck, I learnt the hard way.

I have never in my life encountered a doctor who would demonstrate such negligence towards his own patients. Dr Peter Kim generally offers the lowest of low cost cosmetic procedures and with it of course comes the lowest of quality and skill of a cosmetic surgeon..

However, not knowing at the time how bad it could be, i naively went to have a simple DST (suture technique) double eyelid procedure with him.

I intended to discuss a bit further in regards to my concerns and my end result. I had already tried to warn him that my eyes naturally do have some slight asymmetry and to ensure that he takes this into account when making the precise measurements

Dr Peter Kim was being very impatient and pushed me to get on the operating table. I began to cry as I felt extremely pressured and worried about the end result, Dr Peter simply ignored me while the nurses tried to reassure me.
I later found that channel 10 was about to film his clinic minutes before my procedure and that was why Dr Peter was in a rush, (evident on mainly the last few sutures on my left eye).
I came out with both very uneven heights of creases and intense pain mostly on my left eye.
I understand swelling can cause temporary asymmetry but this was beyond that.

Dr Kim claims he is contactable 24 hours daily with any queries from patients. He simply says ''lets talk later'' with every question or simply does not reply. He even yelled at me when i called him once with some concerns. After sending a photo of my progress he gives a delayed reply, I quote "it ok..."

Please refer to the questions i have asked drs on this site due to my distress (contains Picture)

Thank God the suture technique is generally reversible,
Right now, I am looking for different dr for revision. If anyone would be so kind to recommend a dr that is genuinely advanced in this area of asian eyelid surgery, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Sorry to hear about your experience, thanks for sharing. You need to take the time to research and meet with several board certified oculoplastic surgeons. This is very important to find a qualified person who is also skillful artist. This is the reason you don't go to a cosmetic surgeon, you get what you pay for and this is one area that you don't want a bargain.

Thanks for sharing, I hope you find support within the RealSelf Community.  :)

Shocking Verbal Aggression

I forgot to highlight this as this was far from professional conduct. I can specify that i have only attempted to call Dr Peter twice. Firstly to address my concerns the day after surgery (which you are informed to do on the patient care sheet), which was when he repeatedly yells ''JUST WAIT!'' on the phone.
Second attempt was to confirm my follow up appointment. I could not contact the clinic directly the day before as it is was closed. (wednesdays) The calls were unanswered the day before and when finally answered on the day itself, there was more yelling about how he does not know and to call the clinic which was in fact still closed. Its funny how he knew of my first appointment for the procedure, before payment was made and nicely sent me a reminder text message the day before.
how was the nose filler? Besides it only lasying 5 months, was the results good?
Google Dr Peter Toh Wong Lee and Dr Steven Wong. They're both from Malaysia. It costs around RM4000-RM5000 to get it done in Malaysia.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dr Peter Kim

Overall dr peter was extremely disappointing for me. He could significantly improve on his doctor-patient communication and patience. I will be seeing another dr to revise unsatisfactory result.