Asian Eyelid Experience- Dr Peter Kim in Sydney -Chatswood, AU

BE WARNED: Not all drs that claim they are...

BE WARNED: Not all drs that claim they are specialist in asian cosmetic surgery are true. They are in it for a quick buck, I learnt the hard way.

I have never in my life encountered a doctor who would demonstrate such negligence towards his own patients. Dr Peter Kim generally offers the lowest of low cost cosmetic procedures and with it of course comes the lowest of quality and skill of a cosmetic surgeon..

However, not knowing at the time how bad it could be, i naively went to have a simple DST (suture technique) double eyelid procedure with him.

I intended to discuss a bit further in regards to my concerns and my end result. I had already tried to warn him that my eyes naturally do have some slight asymmetry and to ensure that he takes this into account when making the precise measurements

Dr Peter Kim was being very impatient and pushed me to get on the operating table. I began to cry as I felt extremely pressured and worried about the end result, Dr Peter simply ignored me while the nurses tried to reassure me.
I later found that channel 10 was about to film his clinic minutes before my procedure and that was why Dr Peter was in a rush, (evident on mainly the last few sutures on my left eye).
I came out with both very uneven heights of creases and intense pain mostly on my left eye.
I understand swelling can cause temporary asymmetry but this was beyond that.

Dr Kim claims he is contactable 24 hours daily with any queries from patients. He simply says ''lets talk later'' with every question or simply does not reply. He even yelled at me when i called him once with some concerns. After sending a photo of my progress he gives a delayed reply, I quote "it ok..."

Please refer to the questions i have asked drs on this site due to my distress (contains Picture)

Thank God the suture technique is generally reversible,
Right now, I am looking for different dr for revision. If anyone would be so kind to recommend a dr that is genuinely advanced in this area of asian eyelid surgery, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Shocking Verbal Aggression

I forgot to highlight this as this was far from professional conduct. I can specify that i have only attempted to call Dr Peter twice. Firstly to address my concerns the day after surgery (which you are informed to do on the patient care sheet), which was when he repeatedly yells ''JUST WAIT!'' on the phone.
Second attempt was to confirm my follow up appointment. I could not contact the clinic directly the day before as it is was closed. (wednesdays) The calls were unanswered the day before and when finally answered on the day itself, there was more yelling about how he does not know and to call the clinic which was in fact still closed. Its funny how he knew of my first appointment for the procedure, before payment was made and nicely sent me a reminder text message the day before.
Dr Peter Kim

Overall dr peter was extremely disappointing for me. He could significantly improve on his doctor-patient communication and patience. I will be seeing another dr to revise unsatisfactory result.

I was considering going with DR Peter Kim but after reading this I'll look elsewhere. Do you know any reputable doctors who are within the same price bracket? Dr Zion Chan charges $1950 but I haven't read any reviews, plus his after pictures arn't even!
Unfortunately, u get what u pay for I suppose. The reputable dr that I have heard good things about is dr steven liew. Another member contacted me and told me about the much superior quality and care of consultation by dr liew which was milestones apart from dr kim's.
Do you know the price that Dr Steve Liew charges? I sent an enquiry and was quite surprised to see how much they responded with - $6700!
that's really pricy for eyes!
I had mine double eyelid (full incision) with Peter Kim as well and I regreted that I did not do more research before hand. Kim was very cold and non-personal, didn't bother to measure the fold carefully, didn't spend anytime to ask me what I wanted, simply use 2 mins literally to draw a line then cut, rushed me off quickly afterwards....kept saying it's good and natural. But in fact it's the opposite, the fold is extremely high (despite that I have repeatedly told him many times, that I wanted a very small natural cease, and I repeat subtle.. small!), now it scream surgery, like tine ones that u did in Vietnam 15 year ago.... high an unnatural, I want a revision now... I'm not sure who to trust in Sydney anymore, I don't want to go to Korea as it's too much hassle... and anyone recommend a good revision surgeon un Sydney who is more caring?
Dr steven liew. Of course he will be more pricey. I think it will be well worth it.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Try Dr Andrew Kim in Sydney ($3500) - I was treated terribly by Peter Kim during my short, rushed, 5-10 minute consultation where he made me feel like a lab rat and a number as opposed to a human being who was self-conscious about her appearance. Peter Kim charges only $1950 but being unsure about the surgery and worrying about how he will treat you should not be on your mind and is not worth the few hundred bucks you are saving. Being naive I had booked a surgery date following the consultation even though I had all these doubts about it, but it was my first surgery consultation and I didn't realize there were better standards. Despite having paid the $500 booking fee (which apparently is non-refundable), I still went to look for other doctors. I booked a FREE constulation with Dr Andrew Kim and he spent 40 minutes with me in the consultation room, which I appreciated so much, he spoke to me, gave me his opinion, discussed surgeries, answered all my questions without rushing me off like Peter did, and went through a complete slideshow of before-after photos of his previous clients and their eye types. I have booked in with Dr Andrew Kim, a fully refundable deposit of $350 provided they have minimum 5 days notice (SO MUCH BETTER), and I am so excited to have the surgery with Dr Andrew Kim. In the meantime I am attempting to recover my deposit of $500 but am HIGHLY dreading having to face that cold Dr Peter Kim again :'(. Can't believe I almost decided to go under his knife....in fear and doubt. How naive of me to have almost gone ahead with such an important surgery with a doctor who showed no care or regard for my fears or worries or questions. I hope this helps, we'll have yet to see how Dr Andrew performs the surgery, but until now I have the utmost faith in him, he has won me over with his kindness and patience and that is already a big leap in this type of surgery.
Hi vsyc, That's great, pls let us know your results. I wished I did more research, nut anyway what's done is done!
when are you getting it done? Like meow01 said, please let us know the results, good luck, cheers!
I'll let you guys know ASAP, my surgery is booked in for early January so I'll keep you posted!
It went really well! I can send pics if you want. So happy
Dr Stephan liew is brilliant ! He is very technically skilled and follow up is also excellent. His team is also compassionate and professional
What procedure did you do? When and how much was it? Do you mind writing a detailed review? Cheers
I've had the worst experience with him as well. He should me through a consultation which lasted 10 minutes and did not answer any of my quesitons, simply said "yes, we can do that" when I asked questions hoping for his advice about what would suit me best. Pushed me out of the surgery, spent no time on me, made me feel like shit.
Thanks for sharing. Please don't hesitate to make a complaint to the hcc if you feel you have had an unsatisfactory result or have been mistreated by this dr. I have done so myself. I would hate to see anyone else go through what we did due to this drs negligence. Its simply unacceptable http://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/

I had rhino filler with him and chin filler. The nose lasted 5 months and the chin lasted 3 months. Disappointing as it costs $1300 for both

Hi Thanks for sharing please kindly let me know where you end up going. Or Pm.
I have decided to let my eyes rest for abit and then going to see dr steven liew. Alot pricier but you will see consultation standards is milestones apart.
Thank you, Looking at Steven profile he is Plastic surgeon not Cosmetic Surgeon so you will be in good hand. I though they should be all Plastic Surgeon specially when performing such an invasive surgery and the price as well.

oh no, I have a consultation with him on Monday...I will definitely cancel now!! thanks for sharing. please let me know where you decide to go next :)

Ur welcome. I was digging around the internet for any type of review of him and found none. Wish I knew too, so thought Id contribute. Ive decided to see dr steven liew :)
Hi, thanks a lot for the review. It's been 2 months, did you see Dr Liew and get it done? How much is it for the eyelid surgery?