Testing out Generic Retin-A from US Vs Overseas Tretinoin - Charlottesville, VA

Okay -- so I convinced my friend to use ourselves...

Okay -- so I convinced my friend to use ourselves as human guinea pigs and try this tretinoin .1 percent I got from an online pharmacy for like six bucks (yeah, yeah, I know all the docs say not to trust overseas pharmacies but I can't stand the three hundred dollar price tag for the stuff here, that hasn't gone generic yet!) I am putting the stuff from overseas which is .1 percent (I know I should be comparing .05 percent of each but I didn't order the .05 percent.) The .05 percent generic stuff I am putting on the more sensitive rest of my face. My friend will do the nose for the stuff from overseas, and one cheek with the generic from here. I have made him sign a waiver to promise to use tons of sunscreen and not be overly pissed off at me if it makes his nose fall off! I simply am dying to know how "real" that cheaper stuff is vs. the stuff I get here, and I know this sounds insane to be doing but I figure later I can go and get a healthy peel to repair anything (but let's hope it won't need it.) If I had a lab and knew how to use it I'd simply test the stuff I got online, but I don't. I have read that the stuff I got overseas is the real deal, but I want to know for sure. We'll be taking pics of our skin to compare. PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE let me not regret this...

Oh and I know exactly what to expect from regular retin-a and how to use it, contraindictations, etc., because my skindoc has prescribed it to me for years, so I know the main thing is skin will look a bit healthier, but I don't expect miracles or anything. I also expect peeling (not much for my tough skin though) on the .10 percent, but no peeling at all has occurrred to me for years with the .05 percent.

prescribed by Dr. Pauly (the stuff here.)

Cannot rate til this fun and insane experiment is over! As for the doctor who prescribed the retin-A to begin with, I don't know why but he's extremely grouchy every time. I think because he hates going into work. He's kind of snide, makes me insecure about asking questions or taking off my clothes to check for skin cancer so I am actually planning on finding a different person, but it's hard around where I live. It's pretty scary to take off yr clothes to begin with -- let alone have a kind of mean doctor!!

6$ for tritinoin?!! i would love to see where you've found it so cheap :)
I mean tretinoin.
I need to change the review a bit or start over, because I really want to do this right and take the pics before and after. I don't know how to get my pics any clearer, which they need to be. My camera is good, but not me the photographer! So please bear with me while I figure out a few things, and also I should mention that lately my skin looks so crappy even WITH the .05 percent retin-A I got here that I almost don't mind trying other stuff, because I figure I eventually am going to need to do something major for all these huge disgusting pores -- yuck!

My guess is everything will go fine. I think the main concern is that because there is no guaranteed regulation on what you get it could be fine for several times, then have a change that wasn't caught (ie wrong ingredient, too much of something, etc) and a problem could arise. Hopefully that will not be the case! Please post pictures for us.