Waiting and Watching - Very Dry Skin Now -Charlottesville, VA

I wanted to refresh my skin and remove or lighten...

I wanted to refresh my skin and remove or lighten the age spots on my face, neck and décolleté. I was also told that it would tighten the skin which was a plus for me but I had a slow peel 16 years ago and so my skin was in fairly good condition.
The first two days after were not bad. We joined friends for dinner that night at a restaurant. The third day my skin was tight and felt like sandpaper. That night I could not sleep. It was scaley and under my chin the hard flakes were digging into my neck. I kept getting up and applying the grease but it wasn't of much help. The next day the doctor prescribed a cortisone cream and I took prednisone for three days. Made the world of difference and I only needed the prednisone two days. The fourth day the swelling was more obvious and I continued to apply ice packs and cold packs throughout the day. However I continued my daily routine and only had the "stay at home" discomfort the third day.
I am dealing now with extremely dry skin. It is annoyingly distracting more than painful. I apply Vaseline at night and that makes it much better. The doctor said this will eventually calm down and that people's skin reacts differently. I will just wait and see. The other thing I notice is that my skin tone is "flat" there is no natural glow any longer. I am hoping that will also come back. I never wore makeup because it felt heavy on my face and I feel that same feeling now. Time will tell. Overall at this point I am not sure if it was worth the $3200. But I am also having more problems with my décolleté than my face. It doesn't seem to be as dry but I have broken out in little red sores. One will calm down and another begins. I itch and I will take a Benadryl and see if that helps. I'll be back in a week with an update.
Signature Spa

Absolutely marvelous. Has kept me apprised every step of the way. Gave me all the warnings and totally prepared me.