Waiting and Watching - Very Dry Skin Now -Charlottesville, VA

I wanted to refresh my skin and remove or lighten...

I wanted to refresh my skin and remove or lighten the age spots on my face, neck and décolleté. I was also told that it would tighten the skin which was a plus for me but I had a slow peel 16 years ago and so my skin was in fairly good condition.
The first two days after were not bad. We joined friends for dinner that night at a restaurant. The third day my skin was tight and felt like sandpaper. That night I could not sleep. It was scaley and under my chin the hard flakes were digging into my neck. I kept getting up and applying the grease but it wasn't of much help. The next day the doctor prescribed a cortisone cream and I took prednisone for three days. Made the world of difference and I only needed the prednisone two days. The fourth day the swelling was more obvious and I continued to apply ice packs and cold packs throughout the day. However I continued my daily routine and only had the "stay at home" discomfort the third day.
I am dealing now with extremely dry skin. It is annoyingly distracting more than painful. I apply Vaseline at night and that makes it much better. The doctor said this will eventually calm down and that people's skin reacts differently. I will just wait and see. The other thing I notice is that my skin tone is "flat" there is no natural glow any longer. I am hoping that will also come back. I never wore makeup because it felt heavy on my face and I feel that same feeling now. Time will tell. Overall at this point I am not sure if it was worth the $3200. But I am also having more problems with my décolleté than my face. It doesn't seem to be as dry but I have broken out in little red sores. One will calm down and another begins. I itch and I will take a Benadryl and see if that helps. I'll be back in a week with an update.
Signature Spa

Absolutely marvelous. Has kept me apprised every step of the way. Gave me all the warnings and totally prepared me.

I have the same lackluster deadened skin tone after one Fraxel restore also. I've noticed more lines than before as well, and I think there has been noticeable facial volume loss. I'm praying it heals/remedies itself and am trying to eat well, exercise, and sleep properly. Also read that the Obagi line can help so am trying that now. So sad if this is permanent; definitely regret the day I had it.

Thanks for sharing.  The dryness sounds very uncomfortable!  Keep us posted on your recovery.  So you had one Fraxel treatment, not a series, correct?  Or are you scheduled to go back for more?

I only had one and I am not scheduled to do another yet. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!