The Only Acne Medication That Truly Works! - Charlottesville, VA

Prior to accutane, I had been on almost every acne...

Prior to accutane, I had been on almost every acne medicine on the market (Adapalene (Differin), Clindamycin, Retin-A, benzoyl peroxide, oral minocycline...) and nothing had worked. I would stay on one of these medications for at least 6 months before giving up and switching to a new one. These medicines might work for some people, but for my skin they did close to nothing. I had moderate acne for a solid 5 years prior to accutane. Now, after accutane, my acne is essentially non-existant. Of course, I still get small zits (everybody does!), but they are nothing compared to my old skin. I really cannot express how grateful I am for accutane. I know this sounds like an advertisement for accutane, but I can't help it; the results are amazing!

Now for the cons... Just like any strong medication, accutane does have some side effects. The only main ones that I suffered from were nose bleeds, joint pain, and extreme skin dryness. I know that when you go to the dermatologist for accutane, they list a plethora of possible side effects that seem very scary. Don't be alarmed. Most likely, you will have very few of these side effects.

Overall, the six months that I was on accutane were not fun. That being said, I would 100% do this again. Accutane is the only medicine for acne that has actually worked for me.

I don't blame you for being so excited about your skin being clear! It really can be a self confidence boost. I'm so glad to hear Accutane worked well for you!

I never experienced the joint pain when I was on it. Does it just feel achy, like growing pains, or how would you describe it?

Theres no real way to describe the joint pain -- sometimes it was a jolt of quick pain, and other times it was a long aching feeling. Almost every time I lay down, there would be a momentary feeling of sharp pain in every one of my joints before they relaxed and grew accustomed to the flat position. When I was on Accutane, I was also running track. I ended up having to quit the team because the joint pain was too bad in my back and knees. In day to day life, the joint pain wasn't too bad at all.

Thank you so much for describing it so well. I'm sorry you had to quit track while you were on it. That's a bummer. :-/ Did you ever start Track back up?