NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE....Please Think Twice Before Using Dr. Graper - Charlotte, NC

I went to Dr. Graper to correct a breathing...

I went to Dr. Graper to correct a breathing problem as well as some cosmetic concerns. After visiting his office and speaking with him, I elected to have him do the Rhinoplasty. Fast forward to over a year later...my breathing is HORRIBLE (Cannot even breathe out of my nose) and the cosmetic results were VERY UNSATISFACTORY. My nose is disproportionate with lopsided nostrils that are so narrow that I can barely breathe. The bones in my nose are now visually uneven and bumpy. The tip of my nose is hard, bulbous, and very lopsided. I was severely swollen for 9 months or more! When I visited Dr. Graper to discuss these concerns he responded "well we had a plan that just didn't work out. Your nose didn't react like I thought it would. I know if I operate again I can make it better." Now my nose is so damaged, I have to go see a specialist to hopefully just reverse what Dr. Graper did. Think twice before choosing Dr. Graper for any surgery. No amount of bedside manor can make up for the nightmare I have been living through for the past year.

UPDATE 11/1/13

After a nightmare year of "recover", I decided to have a Revision Rhinoplasty with Dr. C Spencer Cochran in Dallas, TX. I was so nervous after the results from the first operation but Dr. Cochran put me at ease. The surgery went as planned and the results are incredible. After being only 3 weeks out, my nose already looks and functions better than it did before the first surgery! PLEASE USE MY EXPERIENCE AS A WARNING! Rhinoplasty is an extremely complicated procedure. Don't trust your local surgeon to mess with the most important feature on your face. Pay a little more and GET IT DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! End the end, you'll save yourself a lot of grief and money. I highly recommend Dr. Cochran. He does ~400 cases a year and this is his specialty!

I am just fortunate that I had a good resolution. A lot of people aren't as fortunate.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I went to Dr. Graper to correct a breathing problem as well as some cosmetic concerns. After visiting his office and speaking with him, I elected to have him do the Rhinoplasty. Fast forward to over a year later...my breathing is HORRIBLE (Cannot even breathe out of my nose) and the cosmetic results were VERY UNSATISFACTORY. My nose is disproportioned with lopsided nostrils that are so narrow that I can barely breathe. The bones in my nose are now visually uneven and bumpy. The tip of my nose is hard, bulbous, and very lopsided. When I visited Dr. Graper to discuss these concerns he responded "well we had a plan that just didn't work out. Your nose didn't react like I thought it would. I know if I operate again I can make it better." Now my nose is so damaged, I have to go see a specialist to hopefully just reverse what Dr. Graper did. Think twice before choosing Dr. Graper for any surgery. No amount of bedside manor can make up for the nightmare I have been living through for the past year.

I have the same issues you had! The bones on the bridge of my nose are visible. The length of my nose is longer than it was before and the tip of my nose is bulbous! I stupidly went to him again to have it corrected because of money issues and he still couldn't get it right!!!! What you quoted absolutely is dead on. Same said to me.

Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf!

I am glad your revision was a succes. B/a photos would help others to make tge right choice.
Wow! So sorry you had to endure such a horrible experience! Hopefully, you are well pleased with your revision.
Can I see b4 and afters please
Do you have Before & after you are willing to post. I would love to see how Dr. Cochran fixed all of your issues. Maybellineo