At Your Own Risk...- Charlotte, NC

I had restylane injected into my "11" marks by a...

I had restylane injected into my "11" marks by a well respected and extremely qualified doctor in Charlotte. He is also part of the teaching college and sits on the board...he is definetly no slouch. I had this done once before my wedding and the results were wonderful. I decided to keep up with it since I liked the results and that is where my nightmare began. He was in a hurry and hit a blood vessel and I had to have multiple V beam and CO2 laser proceedures to fix the damage..ie the HOLE in my forehead. It took months and months, seven in all to get some sort of satisfaction but I still have a scar. Personally I say stay away from restylane. After this happened to me I did some research and it seems this product is always the one that seems to cause the most problems. Is it the product itself? Is it because it is used more frequently than others? Who knows...all I DO know is that I found out the hard way and will NOT try this again!!

I am so sorry this happened to you! I am considering fillers and they all seem to have a negative effect on some people. I would love to fill my smile lines but am now uncertain which product to use. Can you say the name of the Doctor or a more specific location in Charlotte? I live here too :) I wish you God's speed in healing!
Please first understand that the doctor did everything he could to correct the situation. I requested that they refund my money for what they botched and they complied without issue. The office is in Ballantyne, just past Target, Harris Teeter and Ulta.
Wow. Sorry this happened to you. I just had juvederm.

Oh my gosh girl...I am so, so sorry. Thank you very much for sharing your story, and posting the picture so we could all see. At what stage was the picture taken?

Thanks Megan....this was taken the day after the injections on my way to their office. The doctor that did this is also one of the doctors on this website that answers questions.

Yeah, unfortunately these things can happen even in the most skilled of hands, its part of the risk we take when we opt for treatments. I'm really sorry it happened to you though. :(