35yr Old Mom of 2: Journey to a New Me - Charlotte, NC

TT lipo then lipo at bra line and inner legs....

TT lipo then lipo at bra line and inner legs. Surgery tomorrow 1/31. Very nervous about swelling and overall recovery. Working mom of 2 can't be out of work too long.

Good luck with your surgery today. I hope all goes well!

Three full days since surgery. Feeling good. I am...

Three full days since surgery. Feeling good. I am already starting to almost stand up straight. Honestly if my but bone had not flared up on me from having my kids I would not have had much pain at all.

The garment....this thing is going to drive me crazy. It makes every trip to the bathroom an adventure. But I will wear it. I hope to take a shower tonight and that will be the 1st time I will have taken the garment off. So...this should interesting.

I loved my doctor and it is worth the drive to Ballentine. They did an outstanding job from start to finish.

I am happy to report all is well with me. Last...

I am happy to report all is well with me. Last Tuesday I was on the table for 6 hours and this Tuesday I was back at work. I have had a great recovery. Today I go back to get my last drain removed (Thank God) and I am free....I am so glad I did not tell anyone what I was doing. Now I can just focus on healing all the way up and then this summer everyone can wonder where all that fat went.

However, much to my surprise I was only down 1/2 lb. However, I feel much smaller. I guess I may still be up due to fluid and swelling. Anyways it don't matter I feel good about myself, I did this for me and only me so as long as I am happy that's all that matters. I've had lots of people ask if I would do it again knowing how the who process and recovery was....my response..."in a heart beat". Childbirth takes a toll on our bodies and for some of us this is the only way we ever get our bellies back.

I may have jumped the gun on returning back to work on day 7...yesterday...day 9 was my best day so far. I am getting stronger each day and can feel it.

What I miss most.....my long afternoon baths :-).

My scar is from hip bone to hip bone about 12", but very low, nothing a bathing suite cant cover up. My new belly button is in the same place and looks just like my old one.

I am still very numb in the stomach area and all the areas I was given smartlipo on. I hope it comes back soon. Its hard to tell if your pants are too tight if you cant feel them digging into you (haha)

My Dr. says I am healing great and could not believe I was back at work so soon. He's been great!

I know how the pre-procedure nerves can get to you, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away!

Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy Friday!!
Just dropping by to check on you. Glad you are recovering well. You did great... back to work at day 7! Amazing! Next week is my turn I'm getting excited. Can't wait to see pics are you going to post some before and afters?

3 weeks out feel great.

3 weeks out feel great.
Thanks for responding! Sounds like I'm having the same procedure. Mini TT, lipo and some muscle repair. I have a desk job. I'm having surgery on a Wednesday and hope to return to work on the following Tuesday. Like you, I'm not telling anyone I'm doing this so really hoping I can pull it off too.

How long did you have to walk hunched over? Any tips or pointers?
I just read that you went back to work after one week? Do you have a desk job. I'm planning on going back after one week as well. My fingers are crossed I can. Did you have muscle repair?
I did great. I'm a manager so I am up and down all day. In fact, I really did not have much swelling at all until my 3rd week. It may be the fact that I told my dr how scard I was of swelling because I looked like the michlen man with both of my babies. They told me since I knew I can swell easy they would not use as much fluids on me.

On the 3rd week I was on my feet all day in heels and I noticed my stomach was feeling tight at work. When I got home and took off the garment I looked 6 months pregnant. But the next morning it was gone. I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow and I swell a little by late afternoon. Dr said this will happen from time to time depending on the activity level for the next couple months.

As far as returning to work...I still had both drains so I wore baggy pants. Once the drains were gone I was feeling great. No one at work knows about my operation so I had to pull it off and did.

I did have muscle repair, TT, lipo. I had surgery on a Tuesday.

Hope this helps. You will do great.
The Refine Institute

Dr. Pratt and his staff are outstanding. Everyone is so nice and answered all my questions. Very happy with him, his work, and his staff.