So Far So Good - Charlotte, NC

I had the cool sculpting done three days ago....

I had the cool sculpting done three days ago. I'm 5'3 about 120lbs. I have a small bulge in my mid section that has always bothered me and decided on the treatment after consultation. The treatment itself was fairly easy. I had both obliques done, lasting 1 our per side, 2 hours total. I was VERY nervous as I have never done any surgical or non surgical cosmetic procedure. I used the medium hand piece on both obliques. It sucked my skin right up and the treatment began. There was an immediate "uncomfortable" feeling and I use that word very loosely. Just having to sit there with a big hand piece laying on top of you. There was a SLIGHT burning sensation for about the first 6-7 minutes. Felt like if you had fallen and scraped your knee pretty bad. That light burning feeling. Nothing intolerable at all and not nearly as bad as what I had imagined (and read online). The burning subsided very quickly and then it was just pressure of the skin being pulled up. No pain at all. After each treatment the doctor removed the skin from the hand piece with again, no pain. My skin was pulled up and a bit swollen but within just a few minutes it had flattened back out with no massaging or rubbing. Again, no pain.

After both treatments were finished I did feel a small amount of what I would describe as cramping. Like very light period cramps. Hardly even noticeable unless I was focusing on it. Left the center and had to drive out of town immediately. I thought the sitting up for a few hours would cause discomfort but I had absolutely none. Every now and again I had a few cramping feelings that I would say was about a 2 on a 1-10 pain scale. Very insignificant.

I'm still only about three days post op and have absolutely NO pain, cramping, bruising, or redness. It wasn't even sore to the touch when I tried washing off the sharpie marks. My stomach area does feel a little bit "jellyish". More than usual but nothing noticeable to others I'm sure. Maybe feeling a bit bloated, and softer than normal. I'm assuming this will subside in just a few days. I plan to update weekly on my results and am looking forward to the final pictures. I had a wonderful experience at the clinic that I chose and would absolutely recommend them to others.

Dermatology and Laser Vein Specialists of the Carolinas

I cannot yet give stars on the follow up because I have yet to have one. Have an appointment scheduled in June for post-op pictures.

Any results? Would love to see "after" pictures!
how are your results going??
I went to a couple consultations and they suggested the same thing for me, to turn two smaller handles long ways on my abs. They were the only office that suggested this, did they give you any explantion for this option. I am only concerned because there are offices in Charlotte that have been doing this longer so why didn't they suggest it? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
i had both "sides" of my belly button done. So technically it really was the front. There was not enough skin under my belly button to grab so they suggested two smaller hand pieces on each side for better results. So yes, it really was the front flab :) haha
Curious, you had only the sides done, but not the front? You mentioned the little bulge in the center, I was wondering why you didn't have that done? I had sides and front done. The sides only slightly bruised and no pain. It has been two weeks for me and the pain and bruising is all gone. I had my lower front area done as well and that area had some pain, like tiny needles and itching. That has been a week now, but the pain has finally gone away. Now I'm in waiting mode. Thank you for sharing your experience and pictures.