Breast Implant Removal -Charlotte, NC

I am 61 years old and had breast implants for 23...

I am 61 years old and had breast implants for 23 years. For medical reasons, both implants needed to be removed and I was very concerned with what the outcome would be if I decided not to do replacements. It has only been 1 week and I am extremely happy. I know I did what was right for me, and I am thrilled that I chose Dr. Bryan Criswell in Charlotte N.C. He is definitely the best.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

My gynecologist recommended Dr. Criswell. I know I did what was right for me, and I am thrilled that I chose Dr. Bryan Criswell in Charlotte N.C. He is definitely the best.

Thank you for sharing! I was wondering if Dr. C removed your implant en bloc or capsulectomy?
Dr. C removed both implants by capsulectomy and performed a lift. I did not have the implants replaced.
Thank you for sharing! How did Dr. C remove your implants. Did he remove them en bloc or capsulectomy?
Thank you Debbie51 for your story. After reading your story, I made an appt. With Dr. C about my almost 23 yr old implants. My left implant recently moved up my chest and hardened. I am leaning toward just removing them and not replacing them. I probably need a lift but I don't want the scarring. How are you healing now?
Hi M.H......I am healing really well. I still have a little discomfort at night but nothing that requires any medication After the swelling all went away, I am flatter than I hoped but not enough to make me want a lift. I would advise you to wait and see how you feel after removing them. You might be surprised. I am 62 and I couldn't imagine how saggy:) I would be. It really doesn't look that bad and I can still wear a 36B padded bra and honestly even wore one of my 36C bras. Don't worry about the actual surgery either...they are so good to you at that office...just tell them any concerns you have and they are so much help. Let me know what you decide to do and if I can help in any way.
Glad to hear your are resting. Just take it slow and easy. Be good to yourself. What is the name of the comfortable sports bra - I hate the idea of having to sleep in one! 21 days and counting..
Hello...the name of the bra is ProFit. It wasn't expensive. I got it at an outlet store thinking that I probably wouldn't be wearing it much and not realizing that it would be so comfortable. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I can stop wearing it after that. I honestly feel good sleeping it in (after I take the ibuprofen..ha). I know you will get along better than you can imagine. How long have you had the implants and why do they need to come out? The worst part is waiting for the surgery date:( to get here.
thanks - I will look around this weekend. The implants have been in about the same as yours, almost 23 years and are very uncomfortable, one is hard as rock and the other is getting there too. I just want them out.
Two gals have mentioned the Fruit of the Loom bra, #96014, "Cotton Shape & Support Comfort Front-Closing, found at WalMart for $7.99. Think I'll go look for that one, for the recouperation period!

Thanks so much for sharing! What supplies did you find really helpful during your recovery?

Angie..I bought a real pretty hot pink sports bra and it is so comfortable and pretty and I also heard that people sleep better if they have pretty soft pajamas and look forward to putting them on. I sleep in the sports bra also. I wouldn't post pictures yet as I am still bruised and it might make someone afraid when the fact is I bruise easy and the breast that had the capsular contracture was, I am sure, hard to work with. The one with the rupture looks great. For me sleeping comfortably has been my biggest issue. I hate taking any kind of medicines, but the ibuprofin that I had on-hand has worked wonders for me. Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the tip about the pretty sleepwear. That is a great idea!

So happy for Debbie, I am glad everything worked out and you are healing nicely. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
Thank you! I am resting a lot...just being cautious....and counting my blessings:)