Wasn't the Best for a Woman of Color - Charlotte, NC

I got the size, shape and feel that I desired....

I got the size, shape and feel that I desired. However, I was left with stretch marks and dark scars. She was not very helpful in suggesting what to use to counteract the discoloration and after a while just quit addressing my concerns. Love the look with my clothes on but not totally satisfied when I'm undressed. I gained a lot of weight after surgery and would have like to have been warned about the likelihood of that happening. I asked both about the stretch marks and discoloration BEFORE the surgery and it was minimized. When they BOTH happened, I was made to feel that they were not valid concerns.

On one of my check ups, the RN asked me how old my child is while I was standing in the robe-I don't have any children. I was so self conscious and felt insulted. Who wants to hear that when they are naked in front of someone.

I started working out again, drinking more what and using tons of moisturizer to stop the stretch marks from continuing. As far as the scars, I am still trying to figure that one out. Very disappointed in how my concerns have been handled.

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. I'm truly sorry you're not happier with your experience and results.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I was referred from a friend.