I Lived Through my Tummy Tuck

Hi, I am a 33 yr old mother of a 3 year old and a...

Hi, I am a 33 yr old mother of a 3 year old and a 7 year old. Since the birth of my son, my stomach was very messed up from stretch marks and loose skin but after the C-section with my youngest, it really became a sight. Loose, and hanging over the C-section incision, and even more stretch marks. Although my husband didn't complain, I felt extremely self-conscious about it. I was another one who was able to camouflage it well under clothes, so not too many people could even understand where I was coming from.

I researched it for a year, and found an experienced PS with a good reputation. I was SCARED to DEATH. I had to do it, i didn't feel as if I would have been happy not doing it, but I felt guilty for putting myself at such a risk just because I felt self-conscious. If something happened to me, it would be MY fault. So I couldn't get that thought out of my head.

Anyway, fast forward to June 23rd: that was my surgery date, and it was a complete success. I only remember walking into the OR, lying down, three nurses helping get me all hooked up to monitors, and then I was waking up in recovery asking for something to drink.

No problems thus far. It is currently 72 hours post surgery and I have graduated from narcotics pain meds to just ibuprofen..yay!!!! All in all, very worth it. Anyone thinking about it, I say, do your research, and go for it. I will post pics soon

I am in charlotte too and thank goodness we are so blessed to have so many great plastic surgeons to fix these post baby bellies and such! I had a tummy tuck and breast aug 4 weeks ago and feel great, the pain was minimal until exercising and things more strenuous and even then not bad at all, I would recommend it to anyone who has the saggy belly that wont go away.I was also like you all in I didnt tell too many people due to the many opinions some may have, I told those that I wasnt close to but had to tell them I would be out for a while that I was having female surgery and no-one asked anything after saying that. The only issue I am having now is what to use that will begin working on the horrible scar that it left, any thoughts?
Hi, I'm glad to hear things went so well for you too. I am ecstatic about my results. I can't stop looking in the mirror. My PS has me using the brown tape from his office (its like a strong paper tape), and he recommends that for a few weeks more. He says that it will flatten the scar. I'm african american, so the color of my scar is just a shade darker than me. I don't know what to do about that as of yet. However, I have heard of people using silicone strips and mederma. Have you heard anything about these things?
You have described exactly what I have been feeling and thinking. I am 36 and had 2 c-sections. I am so scared and worried about if I am being selfish. I have my tt on 7/12 and keep having anxiety. I finally told my closest friends. I am very sure I want this and I did not want anyone to try to scare me and change my mind. They are now supportive. I also have been obsessed for the past 5 years and it has ultimately taken over. I am not happy with me... my husband loves me unconditionally but I am soo self consious of my belly. I have been reading on this site for the past 2 weeks. I feel soo much better and confident. I am still SCARED TO DEATH. I am glad I am not the only one.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Certified PS with an acreddited surgical facility.Very caring office and staff and very experienced. Everyone was always SUPER helpful and nice whenever I had any questions about anything.