I Lived Through my Tummy Tuck

Hi, I am a 33 yr old mother of a 3 year old and a...

Hi, I am a 33 yr old mother of a 3 year old and a 7 year old. Since the birth of my son, my stomach was very messed up from stretch marks and loose skin but after the C-section with my youngest, it really became a sight. Loose, and hanging over the C-section incision, and even more stretch marks. Although my husband didn't complain, I felt extremely self-conscious about it. I was another one who was able to camouflage it well under clothes, so not too many people could even understand where I was coming from.

I researched it for a year, and found an experienced PS with a good reputation. I was SCARED to DEATH. I had to do it, i didn't feel as if I would have been happy not doing it, but I felt guilty for putting myself at such a risk just because I felt self-conscious. If something happened to me, it would be MY fault. So I couldn't get that thought out of my head.

Anyway, fast forward to June 23rd: that was my surgery date, and it was a complete success. I only remember walking into the OR, lying down, three nurses helping get me all hooked up to monitors, and then I was waking up in recovery asking for something to drink.

No problems thus far. It is currently 72 hours post surgery and I have graduated from narcotics pain meds to just ibuprofen..yay!!!! All in all, very worth it. Anyone thinking about it, I say, do your research, and go for it. I will post pics soon

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Certified PS with an acreddited surgical facility.Very caring office and staff and very experienced. Everyone was always SUPER helpful and nice whenever I had any questions about anything.