Overall Worth It.......but....... - Charlotte, NC

Ok, I posted about 2 weeks after my cool sculpt of...

Ok, I posted about 2 weeks after my cool sculpt of the lower an bulge. I am. 48 y/o female slim, except for the inherited bulge I got from my Moms side of the family. No kids to blame it on, just have had it all my life really. I got good results, I think great than 22% reduction they advertise. The procedure took an hour, and my bulge was totally frozen, like the consistency of hard sherbet when the machine was removed. She used the large suction head and on me it was a lot of tissue (5'3" 125 lbs).

I had a fair amount of bloating initially and it lasted for almost a month. But the pain was much more severe from about 24 hours post procedure to 3-4 weeks. Gradually subsided, and had I known that would be an issue, I would have asked for either a Lidocaine patch or a script for Neurontin. Advil was a joke, so I just touched it out, took Benedryl to sleep at night. I was very tender to touch for about 4-6 weeks, then suddenly bulge dimished literally overnight and pain and numbness that had been there since beginning was also gone. I'm 8 weeks out yesterday and am pleased with the results. I'd say I got at least 50% reduction on this bulge by the amount of tissue I can now pinch. Way less than before.

Overall it was worth it, as I never missed work and have a good result. I'm sure Lipo would be greater result, but with more risks, pain and downtime.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Procedure done by aesthetician, not surgeon. They didn't call to follow u and seemed completely surprised at my 8 week follow up yesterday that I had so much pain. I asked them to report it. It was nerve pain, and no OTC meds can touch that. Surgeons are reluctant to give strong pain meds for non invasive procedures like this, but something was needed and could have produced happier outcome. If I do it again, I will ask for pain meds... Patch, anything.

I do not understand why some people complain of such serious pain. The procedure did sting some, but I am surprised that some people state that they were in agony.
I noticed those with the best results are those who were least comfortable. Perhaps the technicians are goin too easy and thereby not getting good results.
The first treatment that I had done was very little pain because there are no nerve endings in fat! The second treatment was very painful because there was significantly less flab. There are a high number of nerve endings in the stomach . Thin people have much more pain with cool sculpting.