Painful...Absolutely! Worth It...Absolutely! - Charleston, SC

I believe in gathering all the facts before making...

I believe in gathering all the facts before making a decision like this, and I'm glad I did. I had heard that the procedure could be painful but I thought, awww really, how bad could it be...It's a version of an "ultrasound"?? Well let me tell you...IT IS PAINFUL. NO KIDDING. If I ever have to go through this again I will most certainly be sedated, i.e. completely knocked out!! I had taken Vicodin (a first for me) and Ativan (also a first). I am not accustomed to taking many prescription drugs, so I thought these would probably do the trick based on my Doctors recommendations. Well, it was not enough. It feels like a form of deep facial electrocution and I can't believe that some people say that it is a slight tingling....HA!!

BUT... let me go on to say that putting the pain issue aside, it was most certainly worth it!! I feel like the clock has been turned back 10 years!!! I have cheekbones again, no sagging under the chin, eye brows lifted...just an overall look of heath and most certainly a more youthful appearance. It has been exactly four months since my treatment and it just keeps getting better and better every month!!!!

The down time was minimal. Slight swelling for 2-3 days after the procedure, but nothing really grotesque. I 'hibernated' over the weekend and then had to use a good bit of concealer for the next week to cover the bruising, primarily around the chin.

I am 50 and now people think that my Grandson (who is 6) is MY Child!! That didn't happen before the ULTHERAPY!!

Yes, I would do it again...but please, pass the drugs!!