Painful...Absolutely! Worth It...Absolutely! - Charleston, SC

I believe in gathering all the facts before making...

I believe in gathering all the facts before making a decision like this, and I'm glad I did. I had heard that the procedure could be painful but I thought, awww really, how bad could it be...It's a version of an "ultrasound"?? Well let me tell you...IT IS PAINFUL. NO KIDDING. If I ever have to go through this again I will most certainly be sedated, i.e. completely knocked out!! I had taken Vicodin (a first for me) and Ativan (also a first). I am not accustomed to taking many prescription drugs, so I thought these would probably do the trick based on my Doctors recommendations. Well, it was not enough. It feels like a form of deep facial electrocution and I can't believe that some people say that it is a slight tingling....HA!!

BUT... let me go on to say that putting the pain issue aside, it was most certainly worth it!! I feel like the clock has been turned back 10 years!!! I have cheekbones again, no sagging under the chin, eye brows lifted...just an overall look of heath and most certainly a more youthful appearance. It has been exactly four months since my treatment and it just keeps getting better and better every month!!!!

The down time was minimal. Slight swelling for 2-3 days after the procedure, but nothing really grotesque. I 'hibernated' over the weekend and then had to use a good bit of concealer for the next week to cover the bruising, primarily around the chin.

I am 50 and now people think that my Grandson (who is 6) is MY Child!! That didn't happen before the ULTHERAPY!!

Yes, I would do it again...but please, pass the drugs!!

How great that you are seeing some really good results! How long has it been since you had the treatment done?

Out of curiosity, did you ask your doctor if they would be willing to allow you to do general anesthesia if you were to ever do Ultherapy again?