Look Better Naked...Look Better in Clothes - Charleston, SC

I am currently 3 weeks post-op and feel great. I...

I am currently 3 weeks post-op and feel great. I just received before/after photos from doc and what a difference!

I strongly believe the right doctor is imperative. Unlike necessary surgery, cosmetic surgery is all about relationship, communication, respect and confidence.

For example: I had an emergency c-section performed by the on-call doctor I had never met. I got lucky that he was a great surgeon which led to a "beautiful" and tiny scar. But even if he had not been a great surgeon and my scar had been ugly I would have accepted it as a fair compromise for a healthy baby!

If my PS and I had not liked each other, had regular misunderstandings about goals/procedures etc. I would not have respected her nor would I have had any confidence that I would have received my desired outcome and there is no way I would have gone ahead with the surgery!

I was really lucky in that my PS was recommended by 3 doctors and about 4 laywomen so I was confident that she was a good PS going into my initial consultation. I interviewed 3 docs, all recommended, and the one I went with was right in the middle on price.

I had a mini tt, breast lift and lipo on inner thighs. Although most women who've had children are full tt candidates I decided on a mini for a variety of reasons including: not wanting a scar from hip to hip, not needing muscle repair and automatically getting a little upper tummy lift with the breast lift.

I'm 36, 5'2 and about 115lbs. I workout, moderately, but would never be able to achieve a flatter lower abdomen from exercise/diet. Nor would I ever have had perky rounded breasts after pregnancy, breast feeding and gravity! That being said I didn't want to try and have a perfectly flat midriff, I didn't want larger breasts. I wanted to look as fit as I really am and I wanted to feel more comfortable in and out of clothes.

Goals achieved!

My actual surgery took around 5 hours. My wonderful doctor canceled the surgery after mine while performing mine. When the nurse called to update my husband around 3 hours she explained that the doc was being very meticulous and was also able to get to some of the upper abdomen fat and therefore cut it out instead of doing lipo which took longer.

My recovery has been quick and easy. Being that I did not have a full tt I was able to stand upright the day after surgery. I was off of pain meds within 48 hours. I still have 35 oxycodones out of 40! The actual feel of recovery has been more soreness rather than pain.

In conclusion my advice would be this:

1. Know what your goals are and be realistic
2. Educate yourself
3. Find a great PS
4. Wear good quality compression garments.....all the time for as long as required!
5. Follow directions explicitly!
6. Have lots of help for the lifting, pulling, pushing limitations

Cosmetic surgery is an investment. And because of that I don't want to mess it up. It's a bit of a pain to wear the compression gear for weeks 24/7, it's hard to not pick up my 2 yo but I don't want to waste $8,000 or have to go back into surgery!

I'm so very pleased with my outcome and feel I will continue to be happier and happier as everything settles. I hope the same for all who choose a mommy makeover!

Thank you for posting your wonderful and detailed story! I'm sure it will help countless other women about to go through a mommy makeover. I'm glad you were able to do this for you.

Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon