My Lifestyle Life - Charleston, SC

I did not know anyone who had this procedure so I...

I did not know anyone who had this procedure so I was cautious about it. I met with Dr. O 6 weeks before my procedure and he really took his time with me and answered all my questions. I felt confident I had made the right decision to have this done. The day of the procedure, the staff was very helpful and making me comfortable. There was some discomfort during the procedure but this was minimal. After the first two or three days, I did not need any pain killer other than Tylenol. I went back to work 8 days after the procedure (10 hours days). I had far less bruising that I thought I would and not much swelling. It's been 3 months and my only visible scar is under my chin and I'm sure that will fade in time. I made the right decision. I no longer have a turkey neck!

More pics

Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

I was very satisfied with Dr. O. He answered all my questions and was very reassuring about the procedure.

I have heard this procedure does not last as long as a traditional face lift. Please let us know how this works for you .
mine is sliding back down. RB
They charged me over $10,000. Why? I have a damaged nerve in my leg! Why?? Dr. O promised me I wouldn't have any problems with his work. Said he had done plenty and no one had problems with his work. Well, I'm having to take meds for my leg but it's not a cure. My only recourse is to have the damaged nerve removed according to my neurosurgeon.

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. You look lovely! Please keep us updated over time.

You look great. I am having my procedure next week, I'm a little anxious, but looking forward to it.
One piece of advise - they tell you to eat a normal meal before your procedure; however, I'd watch how much fluid you drink at that meal. I don't know if it was nerves or what but I had to use the bathroom about halfway through the procedure. Of course, don't dehydrate yourself but don't do like me and drink a 20 oz coke zero an hour before I got there! Best of luck!
Thank you for this info, They told me to eat a light meal before I show up, so I thought I would have oatmeal, and decaf coffee (they OK'd the decaf), I will try to get back online, and let you know how I make out.
We will be staying at a hotel for 3 days,( day before, day of, and day after just to make sure before returning home, we have a 2 hr drive.
Good luck. I also stayed with a freind near Charleston for 2 days. My drive was 2 hours as well.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

No one paid me for my comments - I think my before and after pictures says it all. It sounds like you had a terrible experience! Did you have a severe allergic reaction or something? Everyone reacts differently to surgery and every surgery has it's risks. My surgery worked out well for me.

Well now, it's very very hard to believe your review now unfortunately, since the staff removed the bad experience!!! why would they do that ?? !! Sorry. :(

New to this site. It's hard to believe the review because the staff removed the bad one !! That is just wrong !
Unbelievable that we are not able to read what the reply was that you are responding to. ! :( I'll check reviews elsewhere and you should post your experience elsewhere like Yelp or doctor review site where nothing is monitored ! Thanks for the effort and you do look great.

Hi mountain woman,

Everyone is given space to share their story on RealSelf. We blocked a comment (above) because it did not adhere to our Community Guidelines: http://www.realself.com/community-guidelines

RealSelf is a safe place where you can share your story without judgment. We don't allow things like name-calling, foul language or spam in comments. Most communities (even Yelp ;) have similar policies to help keep discussions civil and on-topic.

I hope this helps to clarify.

You loo,k fantastic!