Fat Transfer to Radiated Breast - Charleston, SC

I am a third time breast cancer survivor. I was...

I am a third time breast cancer survivor. I was fortunate this third time not to have to go thru chemo or radiation. We tried tissue expanders. They both got infected and had to be removed. It took some months for the wound where the expander was removed to heal. I was referred to a doctor that does fat grating. During this procedure they moved my right breast over some and put some fat in the radiated breast. It is soft which is so nice. The left side I had a latissimus dorsi (back flap), so he just needed to fill the breast. He used areas of my outer thighs and stomach. I had more pain the second day and that was more when I coughed or laughed. I am so pleased with I have seen and where we are going. I go tomorrow for my post op appt. It is very worth it to do this procedure. I never had to use the Brava system either.
Thank you. I am so pleased with my results. Especially when my other doctor had said their was nothing else that could be done. My doctor now has taken the time and has the ability to make everything better. I am so amazed that one surgery makes me look better than I have in years. My next surgery is in March.
So happy for you. I think it is great to see women do things that will make them feel better. I had fat grafting to breast spring 2013, at same time had implants removed. Best thing I have ever done for myself.
Welcome and congratulations to you!
South Carolina Plastic Surgeon

The whole staff is so compassionate and truly concern of my questions. He is very patient and honest in what he can and cannot do. I enjoy the easiness to talk with him and the time he takes with me each appointment. The cost of the procedure I do not know and wrote in an estimate. I will update when I do know.