My Journey to Smaller Tata's - Charleston, SC

Hi Everyone, I started my Journey for breast...

Hi Everyone,
I started my Journey for breast reduction back in March. I am 35 and I weigh 175 lbs. My current bra size is a 38 DDD. I am really hoping to go to a small C if possible. I have United HealthCare the first time my information was submitted for approval it was denied my ps office appealed and I was approved in May. I have a surgery date of June 20, I am really getting nervous. This is a great website everyone is so helpful and willing to share there experiences. For anyone that has had the surgery, I am trying to prepare and get the items that I need what is a good post surgery bra, what suggestions do you have for scar treatment and also items I need to take Care of my dressing changes. I have my pre-op on June 13. I am sure they will give me suggestions but I think its good to have others opinions on things to use also. I will post pictures soon. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Day 1 Post Op

Hi Everyone, it has been awhile since I updated but I had my surgery on yesterday 6/20....I am a bit sleepy, mostly discomfort but not pain. I was a bit nervous before surgury, but I am so glad I didn't backout I can feel a difference already. I have an appointment with my Dr. In the morning to have the drains removed. I took a few pictures before I will post later this morning.

Pre Op

Here are a few pics. I took the morning of surgery 6/20

14 Day Update

I just wanted to post a quick update. I will post pictures soon. I am doing well I still have some tape and glue on the bottom incisions which itches a whole lot. If I do too much I start to fell s little pain other wise I have no complaints. I love my new set of Tata's.

Bras????

I am having a really hard time finding a bra that's comfortable now that I have had the surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions on post-op bras that they have used ??

21 days PO

Just a few pics .
Rodney Young III

He did a great job. He is quiet but answered all my questions. He didn't try to give me any extra services that I really didn't need. He give me just what I asked for. I would have to say the only complaint that I had in the whole process was his office staff as they same to be a bit disorganized in the very beginning with the insurance process. But they got everything together in the end and I am very happy with him and the entire process.

Best are Walmart sport bras and genie bras I've been wearing for four months and Gona wear then always. Dr says they flatten the scars and I've not had to use anything on my scars. Dr recommended them. Good luck
Hello, congrats on the surgery and take it easy, don't do more than you feel you can and enjoy your new self. It will be a journey but it yields get results!!!
Congrats! You look great!
Hi jeffst1! And welcome to the community. I used the Marena Surgical Bra from Amazon.com . The 2 inch band is good because it doesn't rub the incisions . For scars I use 3M micro pore paper tape that any pharmacy will have .Non stick surgical pads are great for your nipples after your bandages have been removed. . Eat fresh pineapple for bruising and Arnica Montana for swelling . And most important take a stool softener with every pain Med. Or you will be constipated. Which is The worse part of the surgery and recovery :-) :-) :-) :-) Best of luck to you ....I am 54 and am 7 weeks postop . Its the best gift I have ever received for my health.
Thanks so much Glittergal, for the suggestions!!