My Journey to Smaller Tata's - Charleston, SC

Hi Everyone, I started my Journey for breast...

Hi Everyone,
I started my Journey for breast reduction back in March. I am 35 and I weigh 175 lbs. My current bra size is a 38 DDD. I am really hoping to go to a small C if possible. I have United HealthCare the first time my information was submitted for approval it was denied my ps office appealed and I was approved in May. I have a surgery date of June 20, I am really getting nervous. This is a great website everyone is so helpful and willing to share there experiences. For anyone that has had the surgery, I am trying to prepare and get the items that I need what is a good post surgery bra, what suggestions do you have for scar treatment and also items I need to take Care of my dressing changes. I have my pre-op on June 13. I am sure they will give me suggestions but I think its good to have others opinions on things to use also. I will post pictures soon. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Day 1 Post Op

Hi Everyone, it has been awhile since I updated but I had my surgery on yesterday 6/20....I am a bit sleepy, mostly discomfort but not pain. I was a bit nervous before surgury, but I am so glad I didn't backout I can feel a difference already. I have an appointment with my Dr. In the morning to have the drains removed. I took a few pictures before I will post later this morning.

Pre Op

Here are a few pics. I took the morning of surgery 6/20

14 Day Update

I just wanted to post a quick update. I will post pictures soon. I am doing well I still have some tape and glue on the bottom incisions which itches a whole lot. If I do too much I start to fell s little pain other wise I have no complaints. I love my new set of Tata's.

Bras????

I am having a really hard time finding a bra that's comfortable now that I have had the surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions on post-op bras that they have used ??

21 days PO

Just a few pics .
Rodney Young III

He did a great job. He is quiet but answered all my questions. He didn't try to give me any extra services that I really didn't need. He give me just what I asked for. I would have to say the only complaint that I had in the whole process was his office staff as they same to be a bit disorganized in the very beginning with the insurance process. But they got everything together in the end and I am very happy with him and the entire process.