I Want to Be Free! - Chapel Hill, NC

Hi, I am beginning to journey of breast implant...

Hi, I am beginning to journey of breast implant removal. I was a 32 AA before my BA and had breastfed one child. I have 300cc overfilled mentor smooth round implants, submuscular. I have had a steady weight of 130 for years and about 5'7". I am long and lean, but also naturally flat! Joining Realself as the stories I have already read are helping me with this tough decision.
I have always been very athletic, but I went through a series of very abusive relationships when I was a young adult. The lasting scar was not feeling sexually attractive because of my non-existent boobs. Although I am emotionally strong, I still couldn't find myself attractive, so I had implants for me. I haved loved having implants for so long! In the past 7 years I have had them, though, I have also had another child, a girl, and my oldest is a pre-teen boy. I find myself more self-conscious now because even in conservative clothing with only moderately sized implants, they really stand out. I want my little girl to learn to love her body and for my son to see what a real woman is, not some image of a woman. I have made to decision and my fiance is very supportive. He actually has always said that dating a woman with implants was a deal breaker for him, but we have been friends for many years before being engaged, so he knows I did not get them for male attention.
I have scheduled my implant deflation with Wake Plastic Surgery on July 23, and that will at least get the weight off of my neck for now (lots of neck pain, migraines, difficulty strength training) and I will have them removed fully within the next 6-9 months. I was afraid to go through the emotional and physical trauma at once, since that would be a lot of healing!!! I will go through this, although I have cancelled several times already, because I am ready to become me, and learn how to finally love and be loved for my natural self. Will keep posting!

day of deflation!!!

I am in the room waiting now and I am so nervous!!! I feel the ache in my neck and back that I am so used to because of the implants. Ok, there was a pause, I am done now!!!! I feel so light!!! Feeling very flat, though, but it's gonna be ok.... pictures soon....
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Yay!! so glad you were able to get that part done so quickly! You'll feel light as a feather now.
Hi GodMadeMeRightSized! Thanks for sharing your story with us! I am going to be explanted in 2 weeks! I am very scared, excited, nervous & anxious for the procedure to be done & over with. Its amazing what we women do to our bodies, when in reality, we were already perfect to begin with. I will let you know all the details of what it feels like & recovery. I too got implants for the wrong reasons, in which I believe many of us have but you find yourself somewhere along the journey. I am here for any support you need!
That's awesome Iron_Baby! I am so scared still of how it will be after being so confident for so many years just not even questioning how I look. I was finally feeling like a "normal" woman with breasts. My hope is that since I feel ready to take the plunge and make the change back that I am ready to have that kind of confidence now. I have known for a few years that implants are annoying and often painful, but it hasn't been until this year that I see how I really look at myself and it is with respect and admiration. Implants may have helped me get over a block I had to seeing myself as attractive but I am beginning to believe that nothing, even explanting, will take that away. I look forward to following you on your journey!!
I am with you on feeling the same way! With implants & actually having boobies, I felt more womanly. Now, I hope I will still feel the same without them. Why is it that society has placed this image in our minds of what they think a woman should look like?! Must we all have pam anderson breasts & kim kardashian butts? It's absurd to even think that we have to look like that to feel acceptance. I see tomorrow if your 'deflation' day! Good luck with that ..& let us all know how it goes!

Thank you for sharing your story so far! I'm glad you have a supportive fiancé to see you through this, and we're here for you, too.

I just explanted on Tuesday. Best decision I ever made. I only had them a few months and hated them. Back and neck pain gone almost immediately. Good luck to you as you go on this journey.
Dear want to be free, I totally get you. It is good to this for you! I explanted, and did fat grafting to breasts about 6 months ago. So happy, soft and natural now. I did it in Charlotte NC., but live in Winston Salem. It does feel so good to just be me!
That's awesome for you!! I would love to know about your surgeon. As of now, I have a doctor in mind to deflate my implants, and the cost of that will go towards the final surgery. I can't afford to do it all at once right now but I really need the weight off of my neck and back now. Did you already have breast tissue to add fat to? I have the fear that just like the implants could really be felt (even though they are under the muscle) that because I have very little body fat, that I will have lumpy results from a fat transfer. It has been 6 months and you are still happy with the results, so a recommendation would be helpful :) I am only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Charlotte. Glad you have come to a place you like, it inspires me!!
Dear God's right size. My first implants were put in when I was early 20's. I had no body fat, weighed about 98 lbs, and could not fill out a AA bra. I am almost 60 years old, and had 3 sets of implants along the way. My Doctor for implant removal, and fat graft is Dr. Bednar in Carlotte NC.
Welcome to this site of supportive and understanding women who are like you getting ready to explant or have recently explanted and tell their stories, experience and strength. You have a great attitude and are in the right place. Thanks for posting, I am due for surgery in Oct and am apprehensive but looking forward to getting back to my normal self and also hoping my health will improve. Blessings