Almost 14 Weeks Post Op & Looking Good - Chandler, AZ

I had previously done a lipo with a fat transfer...

I had previously done a lipo with a fat transfer in lieu of an actual breast implant/augmentation. I wanted results that were more 'natural' than an implant had to offer. Well with that type of procedure, after about 1 year, the fat cells started dying and leaving little hard lumps in my breasts. Over the next 3 years, I continued to develop small little lumps and the size had dwindled significantly. Being pregnant with my 2nd child and nursing, I went up about 3 cup sizes and really liked the way that my breasts looked. After I was done, they were gone again. I finally decided that I wanted something permanent that would look good.
I found Dr Guerra by a silly billboard on the highway. I read a lot of reviews and couldn't find anything negative. The before and after pictures on the website were inspiring. I decided to call for a consult. Jan picked up the phone and was extremely helpful and informative. We met with her at the consultation as well as Dr Guerra who explained the procedure, recovery, pre-op, what type of results to expect. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions as well as discuss what type of implant, size, shape, etc. I gave it some thought for a few days and then booked my surgery -silicone breast augmentation with a lift on one side. When I went in for my pre-op appointment, it was a lot of signing papers, but they explain all the typical things that can happen during and after surgery as well as how to care for yourself for optimal recovery. Two weeks after that, my surgery was set. I went to Surgicenter. I was the last appointment of the day and there was practically no waiting time, which was great. The staff there was very friendly. Dr Guerra came in before and did the final marking and confirmed everything with me. After surgery, I woke up feeling groggy. Kimberly from Dr Guerra's office called me later that afternoon to see how I was feeling as well as the next day (even though it was a Saturday). My first post op appointment wasn't until Monday. I think I had 5 follow up appointments total. Each one, everyone was helpful, answered questions, explained different massage techniques, what I should/shouldn't be doing. I even called the office with questions that I forgot to ask during my appointments and didn't feel like I was interrupting anyone. I did not see Dr Guerra for all of my appointments, but I don't think it was necessary. On the last appointment, they took my 'after' photos.
From the first week until now, they have changed a lot. They've moved around and look a lot better. If you are expecting results immediately, then you will be disappointed. You need to give them time to settle in. I wanted to wait before writing a review so I can really have a better opinion of the final results
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

Dr Guerra is very nice. I felt comfortable around him and he answered any questions that I had, even if they sounded silly.

Thank you for sharing your story and helpful information on RealSelf. I'm happy to hear you finally were able to get the results you wanted. What size implants did you get? That's great you got a lift on one side...do you feel symmetrical now too? So glad you saw that billboard! :) Congratulations!

I went with a 430cc ultra high profile (I have a narrow frame). It put me into a 30dd (after nursing I was somewhere in a b cup but was never measured). When I was nursing I was a 32dd and that was the size I wanted to get back to.

I bet you look great! Have fun bra shopping...if you haven't already!

Can you post some pictures,if you don't mind?
             when you had the fat transfer in your breast was it more or less expensive thsn breast implants?
It was more expensive because it included the liposuction and the 4 or 5 total fat transfers (they do a little at a time supposedly so it is better absorbed). That procedure was not performed by Dr Guerra and he said he hasn't seen any great results from it. If I had to do it all over I would have just went with the silicone from the start.
             how long did the fat transfer in your breast last?
About 1 year
             when you lose weight do you iose did you lose the breast as well? also what size did the transfer bring you too?
             sorry for all the typos
I was never overweight. I did the lipo/fat transfer more as a way to shape my body- the fat was taken from the typical problem areas that women have- stomach, inner thighs, knees. I went from a 32A to a 32b/c with the fat transfer. Depending on the bra, some C cups fit and some B cups fit so I was somewhere in between
Thank you.This is helpful!!!