Braces to Fix Teeth Longer Than the Other, Impacted Canine, Expand Pallette - Center Moriches, NY

Although the process is long and rough I find it...

Although the process is long and rough I find it extremely worth it. I didn't know that there were a lot of things wrong with my mouth until I got them so since I got them over with I don't have to worry about it in the future.
However I have awkwardly shaped lateral teeth so there are still gaps after the braces but I can just easily get those bonded.
Dr. Roche

I loved this orthodontist, he is so funny and is always to explain everything to you as well as any alternatives

Wow! That's some crazy mouth work! You look amazing though!

Thanks so much for reviewing your doctor.  Can you please mention what type of retainer you are using, and how long your total treatment time was for your braces?

I had my bottom braces for 2 years and my top braces for 2 1/2. It would've been shorter but I needed to have a baby tooth ripped out and an exposure done (that's when a tooth won't grow up so you go through surgery to help pull the tooth down) right now I use clear retainers, they basically look like Invisalign
I have clear retainers, too.  The Vivera ones made by Align Tech.  2.5 years is a long time.  I've never heard of an exposure, though, so thank you for explaining.  I thought they just dragged them down with braces, but I guess they can't do that if it's not even sticking through the gums!

In the title of your review, you mentioned palate expansion.  Was that done via surgery or an appliance, and how long did that part take?  I forgot to ask you about that last time cause you didn't mention it in the review! :D
An exposure is when the cut into your gums and attach a gold chain to the tooth that isn't growing out. They put the gum back over the tooth and hook the gold chain to the braces and tighten them gradually to pull it down As for the palate expander it is a bar at the roof of your mouth and every morning and every night you have someone take a small wrench to the bar and basically they crank it to expand your mouth. They did that for me because the adult tooth tht wasn't growing out was at the roof of my mouth. It needed to move to the right area and it did when my palate was expanded.
The palate expansion took about a month
Okay.  That was not at all what I expected.

WOW!

Was that as painful as it sounds?  Cause seriously?  That sounds really painful.  And also cool.  But mostly painful.
The exposure you get a local anesthetic so no. Just soreness after and you have stitches in your mouth for about a week With the palette expander it did hurt. It felt like someone was squeezing my head and it would take me a couple minutes to close my mouth. If I tried directly after my jaw would just snap back open. Painful and uncomfortable.
Jeez.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  But you look fantastic, and I guess you know that since you rated it 'Worth it'.  Congratulations on getting through….alllll that!  LOL