Results in 2 Weeks with Solodyne - Catonsville, MD

I'm 23 years old and NEVER had acne a day in my...

I'm 23 years old and NEVER had acne a day in my life. After having my first daughter and getting an IUC, my face suffered from severe cystic acne that was almost painful. I had tried Differin Gel in many different strengths, chemical peels, "acne facials", Pro Activ, an just about every Neutrogena product out there. Five dermatologist later and a few hundred bucks, I was prescribed something that changed my life, Solodyne! The results were almost immediate and the pain subsided within and day or two.

Baltimore Dermatologist

Overall, Dr Pass is very knowledgeable in her treatment plans. When all other Doctors let me down she came through with a very responsive treatment. No other doctor recommended Solodyne, and after being prescribed Acyne once, and Differin Gel twice, I'm glad I got the results I'd been looking for.

The result seems to be very effective. I have also seen in many cases that Solodyne is very effective and brings positive resutts when one wants to get rid of acne.
Costs $1,000 a month if you don't have insurance. It is minocycline, but it's extended release and not available in generic. I've yet to use it personally; my insurance (BCBS) insists that I must try 2 other antibiotics before they'll cover it. Have heard good things about it though; first learned about it in the reviews section on acne.org.
You're right, very expensive without insurance. I too had to try another brand before Carefirst approved Solodyne and even with my insurance covering it I still paid $60 every time I refilled the prescription (every 30 days). But when you consider the money being spent on products that don't work (neutrogena, pro-Activ, etc.) I felt like I'd rather pay a little extra to get it right. Acanya is also very good . I'd recommend them both together for good results.

If I'm remembering right, Solodyne is a form of the antibiotic Minocycline. Is that correct? I'm so glad to hear it is working well for you!! Its always nice when you find something that relieves your acne.

I do know what you mean about it almost hurting. The really bad cystic ones kind of throb, especially when you bend over, or at least that is the way it is for me.

How long have you been on the Solodyne?

I used Solodyne for about a month total and stopped because my face cleared up. My doctor however warned me that it could come back quick if I just stopped without following a plan. So I started again for about another 2 months before stopping completely. After I stopped the Solodyne I just continued to use the Acanya as needed. So far I have not needed the Acanya much.

Oh wow, so you were able to go on and off it and still see good results? That is great!! I didn't realize that was the plan. I assumed it was a medicine you stayed on. How long has it been since your last round of Solodyne?