Accutane/claravis changed my life! - Carrollton, GA

Since hitting puberty at the age of 11 years old,...

Since hitting puberty at the age of 11 years old, I have had acne all over my face. I didn't have big, nodular pimples, but instead a million little bumps every where. I would get big bumps every now and them also. It was horrible, I was teased, the whole 9. I got past my self-esteem issues & had came to grips that I would probably live with acne for my whole life, & i accepted it.

After trying EVERYTHING for 8 years, i focused on improving other aspects of me since my skin was so resistant to everything. I had been to 3 different dermatologist who prescribed a lot of thing that didn't work. I tried Pro Activ & every over the counter acne treatment you could think of.

After rounds and rounds of different creams and antibiotics, he recommended Accutane, but advised me to get insurance for the time being to cover the costs of the med along with blood work and labs. I finally got insurance, made an appointment for the 1st pregnancy test, waited a mont & got my prescription. In my youtube video, I go more into detail about the cost etc. I will also do a final update. Needless to say, the drug worked wonders for my skin. I didn't have any major side effects. All i had was dry skin, & constipation from not drinking enough water. I'm 6 months post accutane & still have clear skin with some occasional break outs & my hyper-pigmentation has faded. I had an over great experience with the drug & wouldn't change a thing !

Its awesome that you not only posted your entire review with pictures, but also videos. Thank you so much for your willingness to share your story!! Your skin looks great and I am so glad that the side effects weren't that bad for you. :)

Matthew Tolbert PA-C

When i moved to carrollton for college I decided to try again at a local dermatologist. I googled it & found the dermatology specialists of west ga with Dr. David Schoenfeld. I think he might have had a tight schedule or something I cant remember, but i ended up making an appointment with his Physican Assistant Matthew Tolbert. SWEETEST DOCTOR EVER. He is the epitome of a southern gentlemen. He is soft spoken kind nice patient and helpful. I didn't have health insurance at the time (that office had the cheapest fees, 80 for the first appointment & 50 there after per office visit, which is why i picked them). Instead of prescribing expensive meds that might not even work, he always gave be zip lock bags of samples to last until my follow up appointment. Any antibiotics he prescribed where generic & roughly 10$ at any local pharmacy.