Skarms No More!! - Carmel, IN

These huge arms run in my family. My grandma has...

These huge arms run in my family. My grandma has them, my mom has had them removed, and now it is my turn to have them cut off. I had gastric bypass in 2004 with a starting weight of 260, a lowest weight of 140, and a maintaining weight of 175. I really want to be able to buy a shirt that fits me, not my skarms!

(I am also having a breast lift without implants at the same time.)

Money is paid!

Had my pre op yesterday. Took about 20 pictures. Paid the fees. I am pretty nervous! I was a little shocked that they don't use the compression sleeves after surgery, just an ace bandage. And no drains. 12 days to go!

A few pics

6 days postop

First check up...

PS removed 640g from each arm. He was surprised by the amount and said that it was one of the largest amounts that he has removed. I knew I had some big arms. He is happy with the results and even confessed to redoing my left arm after the right one turned out better. I no longer need to wear the ace wraps and only have a little swelling left. I do however feel like there are huge tennis balls in my armpits due to my lymph nodes being swelled up. It's not visible from the outside but I sure can feel it. It is very uncomfortable. I go back in a month.

New pics.

Carmel Plastic Surgeon

Scarms! We need an update on them there scarms! And pics please :-). Just had my brachio done and had 350 cc removed from righty and 450 cc from lefty....you still have me beat!
your arms are amazing. the incisions are going to heal up so nice, they really look great! happy healing
It looks like your surgeon used the pie crust incision. I really like this incision. It yields such a better scar.
wow! 1.4 lb from each arm??? That is unbelievable! Sounds like you are healing well!
I thought it was going to be more!
SkarmsNoMore I had my arms done on thr 20th ten days ago. I go back to work on Monday my breast lift and implants were done at the same time. I sure hope I'm ready for it I just my arms alot. my installs is what hurts the most. I wish you the best easy and quick healing.
I was trying to say my underarms hurt the most. Sorry phone speaks its own language.
Wow! Do your incisions go onto your forearms? I thought this is rarely done!
They go from about 2 inches below my elbow crease(on forearm) to my armpit and then back down under my breast. You know I never thought about it or questioned it. The transition from forearm to upper arm is very nice even only after 6 days.
Ok someone has to tell me what "scarms" mean? I even googled!
That's what my kids called my flabby arms. Skin + Arms = skarms. They are all gone now!
I had brachioplasty 5 weeks ago. My surgeon does not use CG or drains, either. I had some minor complications and I asked my surgeon if wearing the CG would have prevented the surface wound where I have some superficial necrotic skin sloughing off. He said he did not think so. I have posted pix and writing about my journey - http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-body-lift-medial-thigh-lift
I am also having an arm lift along with a breast lift and implants. My surgery is scheduled November 20, in one week and I am very nervous. It is so strange, I have wanted this for years and now that it is happening I am not sure. I also had gastric bypass November 23, 2009. I was 230# now down to 118# and I am 5'2". and by the way I am 50 you think I am to old? Every where I look is loose skin but my arms have bothered me since I was in kindergarten. I wish I wasn't so scared and could embrace the excitement. My ps only uses ace bandages also and no drains on the arms. But I did buy some compression garments for my arms so when I return to work. I will be off eleven days I pray that is enough time because that's all I have. I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery. It will be here before you know it.
How in the world did you get to 118???? That's awesome!! 50 is not too old. My mom also has had an arm lift, a tt, breast augmentation, thigh lift, and eye lid lift. She is 60. 50 is young!!! You still have a lot of years left, you might as we'll be comfortable in your skin! Where did you get the compression garments?
October I was 126 but I have been so stressed out about this surgery I am bouncing between 116 and 118 before gastric bypass during stressful times I would eat but now I can't. I can't believe all the work your mom had had done. how is she doing? how was her arm lift? you are so right I need to be comfortable in my own skin. did your mom have everything done at once? I got the arm compression garment on the internet at raineywear.com
She is great! She had gastric bypass in 98 and she had her surgeries two at a time and then her eyes most recently. I'm not sure which ones she had together. I will ask and let you know. She has always told me that of everything she had done, the arms were a must. I hate my arms, nothing fits. I have a formal ball coming up in March and I have never worn a formal dress before because of my arms. Not even prom. Lucky for me my husband is my high school boyfriend so it's a do over! Thank you for the website.
I had mine done at 49yo. In fact, I've had my entire body lifted and my body looks like I am in my 20s or 30s... I am thrilled that I finally did this. I had no idea that my results could be so dramatic. http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-medial-thigh-lift-lbl-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-monsplasty
Hi, best wish's with your surgery!! I'm excited for you! I'm 7 weeks out now from my arm lift surgery and am so happy with the results so far. Looking forward to hearing about your journey ahead!! Congratulations on your weight loss also!!
Thank you! We are neighbors, how odd!! Yours are looking great! It's nice to hear positives as I am a bit nervous.
I am in Indianapolis but I used a surgeon in NJ.
Wow, three of us right here!