Skarms No More!! - Carmel, IN

These huge arms run in my family. My grandma has...

These huge arms run in my family. My grandma has them, my mom has had them removed, and now it is my turn to have them cut off. I had gastric bypass in 2004 with a starting weight of 260, a lowest weight of 140, and a maintaining weight of 175. I really want to be able to buy a shirt that fits me, not my skarms!

(I am also having a breast lift without implants at the same time.)
Hi, best wish's with your surgery!! I'm excited for you! I'm 7 weeks out now from my arm lift surgery and am so happy with the results so far. Looking forward to hearing about your journey ahead!! Congratulations on your weight loss also!!

Money is paid!

Had my pre op yesterday. Took about 20 pictures. Paid the fees. I am pretty nervous! I was a little shocked that they don't use the compression sleeves after surgery, just an ace bandage. And no drains. 12 days to go!
Ok someone has to tell me what "scarms" mean? I even googled!
That's what my kids called my flabby arms. Skin + Arms = skarms. They are all gone now!
I had brachioplasty 5 weeks ago. My surgeon does not use CG or drains, either. I had some minor complications and I asked my surgeon if wearing the CG would have prevented the surface wound where I have some superficial necrotic skin sloughing off. He said he did not think so. I have posted pix and writing about my journey - http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-body-lift-medial-thigh-lift

A few pics

SkarmsNoMore I had my arms done on thr 20th ten days ago. I go back to work on Monday my breast lift and implants were done at the same time. I sure hope I'm ready for it I just my arms alot. my installs is what hurts the most. I wish you the best easy and quick healing.
I was trying to say my underarms hurt the most. Sorry phone speaks its own language.
Wow! Do your incisions go onto your forearms? I thought this is rarely done!

6 days postop

First check up...

PS removed 640g from each arm. He was surprised by the amount and said that it was one of the largest amounts that he has removed. I knew I had some big arms. He is happy with the results and even confessed to redoing my left arm after the right one turned out better. I no longer need to wear the ace wraps and only have a little swelling left. I do however feel like there are huge tennis balls in my armpits due to my lymph nodes being swelled up. It's not visible from the outside but I sure can feel it. It is very uncomfortable. I go back in a month.
wow! 1.4 lb from each arm??? That is unbelievable! Sounds like you are healing well!
I thought it was going to be more!

New pics.

Scarms! We need an update on them there scarms! And pics please :-). Just had my brachio done and had 350 cc removed from righty and 450 cc from lefty....you still have me beat!
your arms are amazing. the incisions are going to heal up so nice, they really look great! happy healing
It looks like your surgeon used the pie crust incision. I really like this incision. It yields such a better scar.
Carmel Plastic Surgeon