38 Years Old, Breast Reduction - Carmel, IN

I've wanted a breast reduction for over 10 years...

I've wanted a breast reduction for over 10 years due to sagging, drooping breasts. After 2 kids, nursing, etc, I went for it. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I will post before pic later once I get from my PS. I forgot to take one before surgery the other day. I was a 34 C in high school and eventually after having children ended up being a 38 DD. I'm very active and like to work out so having a reduction will greatly improve my life style. I have asked to be a 36/38 C.

Day 6 post op

Hello-sorry I haven't updated sooner. These last few days have been a blur. I will start from the beginning.
The day of surgery was uneventful. I arrived at the surgery center at 8:30 am for a 10:30 am surgery. I was told it would take 2.5 hours. Dr Turkle came in just before 10:00 to mark me. I wanted to take a before pic but right after she walked out the anesthesiologist came in and they took me back to the OR early. I remember getting to the OR and sliding on the bed then nothing after that. They had given me something in my IV to relax me before going back. I was out of it.
I woke up in recovery a few hours later. I was in a little pain which they gave me more medicine but then became nauseous. Once that was under control I was able to go home. I was in recovery for about three hours. I remember being so sick I didn't even look at my boobs. I didn't care at that point. All I could focus on was getting home without throwing up. The rest of the day involved pain Meds and sleeping. I tried to eat that evening but was still very sick. I stuck to ice cream and Jello. My pain was tolerable. Maybe a 5/10.
The next morning I woke up and my incisions were sore on the sides under my arm. I felt tight all over in my chest area. I was able to go downstairs and have breakfast and just rest. That afternoon I was able to change dressings and shower. I was too stiff to take a shower so my Mom and I changed the dressings. This was my first reveal. I'm not a sqeemish person at all but the minute I took surgical bra off and the gauze, I got really light headed and had to sit down. I thought I was going to pass out. My Mom said I was really pale. I had my first look and despite all the sutures, they looked
Really good-so perky. I couldn't believe they were mine. No bruising or anything.
Days 3-5
Day 3 was the worst for me. My incisions felt like they were
On fire! The doctor gave me neurontin to take for this so I did. It really seems to help. I'm taking a pain pill every 6 hours instead of every 4 so I'm making progress. I'm unable to nap during the day. I think it's the pain Meds or something. I've been resting a lot and reading. I took my first shower on Day 3. My husband had to help me as I couldn't raise my arms above my head. I was exhausted after but it felt good to wash my hair. Some bruising has emerged on Day 5. It was there when I woke up. I have no feeling in my right nipple but I have feeling in my left. Sometimes when I move a certain way I can feel a deep pulling sensation in my left nipple. Yikes! I'm sleeping on my back propped up which is hard for me as I'm a side sleeper. Min now completely off pain Meds as of Day 5. I'm taking Tylenol only and it's manageable. I worked from home yesterday ( Day 5) and after about 5 hours, I had to take a nap. I can't wait to get my energy back. I'm off for my follow up appointment today ( Day 6). I will update you when I get back. I will try to get a before pic from them.

Day 6 Post Op

Today was a full day. Worked from home this morning then went to PS this afternoon. She was very pleased with how everything looked. She clipped a loop suture off each side ( under my arm) and said the rest of the sutures would dissolve. I can do cardio in 2 weeks but still no lifting over 10 pounds. No pushing, pulling, etc.
I keep getting this pulling feeling in my left nipple. It feels like something is tugging it from the inside. Other than that, today was a good day. I'm feeling a little sore right now as today is the first day that I didn't nap or rest. Off to bed!

13 Days Post Op

I've been doing really well the last week. My range of motion is better and I don't feel so stiff in my mid section. I'm still sleeping on my back as I'm too tender for side sleeping just yet. I've done some light cleaning but I have others do the vacuuming and mopping. My sutures are starting to dissolve and my steri-strips are coming off. Some came off around my nipple last night. I woke up this morning and I had a spot open at 6:00 under my nipple. I called PS and they had me come in. They said a suture had popped and it was ok. They put another steri-strip over it and I go back for my 3 week appt next week. Finally, it's the end of the day. I started back to work this week full time. It's Wednesday and tonight is the worst I've felt since about Day 5. My boobs are swollen and my arms and chest area ache. I drove a bit much today and my left breast hurts the most. I think it's because I was over compensating when driving as I drive with my
Left hand. Needless to say, I'm taking a Vicodin tonight. I haven't taken a pain pill or Tylenol since Day 6 post op. I'm taking it easy tomorrow as I have the option to work from home.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Turkle is wonderful. Working in the medical community for years, she was highly recommended by my colleagues. She is very knowledgable and I would use her again for any future procedures. She did a fantastic job!