Latisse Applicator Needs Revision - Los Gatos, CA

For a drug that should be applied with absolute...

For a drug that should be applied with absolute precision, the brush supplied is too wide, too stiff, and repels the liquid, making it next to impossible not to cover areas of lid where lashes don't grow, not to mention it running into eye, causing lots of excess eye matter in the morning. I have also wasted drops attempting to get product properly on brush. I understand need to keep bacteria free, but am planning to by a real liner brush and just clean and use alcohol.

Product fine, applicator terrible

This is the real problem with Latisse applicators, not whether you can use them over. They should package the drops in a pen-shaped tube with a tiny pipette at the end, that could either be replaced, sanitized, or just reused. If directions are followed, the risk of infection is minimal.
Yep, that'd be nice, but I don't think the pharmaceutical companies would spend the extra money in redesigning the product's brushes and MAINLY now with the Obama care crap that's coming up. We'll be lucky if we can even get the brushes, let alone Latisse -a real shame! Thanx for your reply. ~ Pelusita
I agree with your sentiments about Obamacare, but I think cosmetics & elective medicine are going to be the only profitable areas left. Lets hope!
Thanks for info!

If people use mascara wands repeatedly without alcohol, it would seem one's purpose in attempting sterilization with Lattisse, may be defeated.

K
Couple of things here. The drug company that manufactures Latisse could be making the brushes intentionally thick, so you have to buy Latisse more often. Two, you can take the brushes and cut around the base with a sterilized exacto knife to make the brush a lot less thinner. If you do this, the Latisse solution will probably last you twice as long. You've already mentioned this, but just be sure that everything you use is sterilized before every application. Actually there is really no reason you can't use the brushes that come with Latisse more than once, as long as you sterilize them with 91% alcohol, after every use. Just be sure that the eyeliner brush is completely dry after applying the alcohol on it.
I'm revising my previous post. I have found that you can re-use the brush that comes with Latisse several times, as long as you wash it with an anti-bacterial soap and spray the brush with alcohol after you wash it. This is what I do with my brushes. I have actually thrown away several packages of brushes, because the collection became tumult.