Good if you're willing to maintain "$$$" it - Carlsbad, CA

Went to a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon fir st two...

Went to a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon fir st two treatments. He had several heimslef. looked so good after 2 was glad I didn't pay for the series of 5. Top of cheeks were rock hear and swollen after the second one cus they turned up the juice since the lazer wasn't hurting. Took a week to get back to normal. Didn't wear sunscreen so 4 years later did a series of 3. Went to a very cautious tech at a dermatologist office who did 5 sensitivity tests on my cheek before starting. Lots and lots of that brown pigment flaked off every time.

The tissue was temporally traumatized.

Hi topaz,

I'm not sure I read your review correctly, you mentioned your cheeks were rock hard. Did the doctor mention why?

Thanks,

-Britt

Well, I would look worse if I didn't have this...

Well, I would look worse if I didn't have this done, but it's sure isn't a perfect procedure. I was told after the fact the laser only goes so deep, so what the laser can't reach can still be seen through translucent skin. Which means you'll always have some blotches. Your skin will never be clear. Before knowing this I had my hands done. Not one single brown spot was removed. If you get this done be prepared for a very limited improvement that will need to be maintained at least once or twice a year.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dermacare

Saw the Dr. twice for an unrelated matter. Funny that he's in the beauty business yet commented on woman's finickiness and nitpicking. The tech who did the IPL and Genesis is excellent though!!!