Age 53 Male with Older-looking Face - Carlsbad, CA

About 15 years ago I got serious about exercising...

About 15 years ago I got serious about exercising more and eating less (not dieting but eating lighter and healthier). I lost a lot of weight, but more from my face then my belly. I started looking tired, older, with sunken areas in my face. I was think and muscular enough that a few surgeons I consulted told me I didn't have enough fat to harvest.

Dr. Seare's web site has a lot of education, explanation, and tutorials regarding different techniques (a friend considering just lipo and alternate techniques loved the helpful material on pros and cons of each).

Dr. Seare is one of the pioneers of fat transfer and has extensive skill and experience. He also has a lot of male patients, so I felt comfortable. He spent a lot of time during a few consultations, helping me understand the options and exactly what the procedures and recovery would be. I opted for his "Around the World" procedure to harvest fat from all around my belly, sides, and back. Dr. Seare find this gives an all-around tightening that is better than doing areas individually.

I was awake but drugged. The fat harvesting (liposuction) was painless. The fat injections did hurt but briefly (too much anesthetic in the area makes it hard to see exactly where the fat is needed). The recovery was more annoying than anything else, but I was able to comply with wearing the girdles, camis, and straps even when on international flights.

My face looks 10 years younger, and I no longer have a gut. I'm so pleased that I decided to get a second, smaller procedure done to fill in a few areas a little more.
Welcome to RS! Congratulations any pics ?
Any photos - pre and post thanks
Congrats any pics
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Seare is warm, caring, and very experienced. He really loves doing surgery and helping people improve their looks-- see his eyes light up when he talks about it. He spends as much time as you need. Some weeks he is very busy and may have multiple consults, meaning you may have to wait past your scheduled appointment. On surgery days or when he has several consults it can be hard to get ahold of him by phone. Try to avoid this by asking staff for a slow day, otherwise, while waiting remind yourself that when it's your turn he won't rush you, he'll take the time to understand you and your desires.