Fraxel Laser Review - Cape Town, South Africa

Pigementation started after using StJohnsWort in...

Pigementation started after using StJohnsWort in 2007. Had 4-5 sessions of IPL which didnt help. Then heard about fraxel and went for a session, noticed amazing results. Had 2x fraxel treatments per year then down to 1x per year as the results were amazing and worth every cent. Last 2 sessions Dr has gone mid way to dermis layer as wanted to target diff layers each time, and warned me there would be more flaking for at least 7 days.The flaking is due to collagen being stimulated and is necessary for skin rejuvenation. Had a session last week and my skin looks like a million dollars. People are shocked when they see my skin and think I use botox! Wrong....if only more people knew about thi treatment and what it can do for your skin to treat diff problems,, incl acne and skin pigmentation.

No Megan its not a pain u cant tolerate and besides u have an anasthetic on ur skin, the heat from the laser lasts abt 2 hrs after treatment but with icepacks on ur cheeks and using the right mosturizes by the time u get home from ur treatment ur face has cooled down dramatically.... The discomfort is worth the result and since most of us have had babies and gone thru normal deliveries, its nothing compared to the pain of childbirth!! Worth it, will do it every year!

Thanks for posting such great pictures so we can see the changes you are! It sounds like you have found a great treatment that works very well with your skin. I know a lot of people say Fraxel is pretty painful. Was that your experience as well?

This is a 6 star private skin care clinic in Cape Town with personalized service and postcare treatment.