Cancun Cosmetic Dentist Complaint About Veneers/Crowns - Cancun, Mexico

I traveled to Cancun Mexico as a dental tourist to...

I traveled to Cancun Mexico as a dental tourist to have old veneers replaced. What a terrible misguided naive mistake it was. I found a dentist over the internet that seemed more than capable of preforming such a task. His website had allot of things you would look for like a licensed dentist, accredited, ADA, ACCD, and MTA logos. And of course the internet supplied good reviews.

Long story short the dentist prepped my teeth for crowns not veneers as asked. He shaved and drilled every tooth over the biological margins. X Ray shows drill marks in bone above some of the teeth he over worked. He also left plastic particles embedded in my gum and caused a terrible infection. I traveled back home to be immediately seen by a local dentist who then sent me to a oral surgeon. I had to have extensive crown lengthening surgery on seven out of the nine teeth. Gum replacement surgery, and three root canals and replace all the terrible huge white crowns. Two teeth could not be saved because of the over prepping by the cancun cosmetic dentist in Mexico. I will now need bone grafting and implants to solve that problem.

I really put my trust in this dentist an have since realized he was so very undeserving of it and any one else's for that matter. I am now certain that the majority of those glowing reviews were fake. He is not accredited and the logos on his website are there because he has paid a basic membership fee to display them which I believe he is doing to make himself look more legitimate. I guess you can say I was fooled by some pretty spiffy advertisements and a sweet taking patient management team. I feel very violated and deceived. To make things worse I know it was all because he wanted my dental tourism dollars.

I paid him over seven thousand dollars and that is all I will ever be to him a foreign dollar sign . The clinic/dentist never apologized, and did not refund the money. They only sent me threats if I came forward with my story. In the end he did destroy my teeth and to date has cost me thirty thousand dollars but he can never silence me or bully me. Our change who God intended me to be. Thank you reading about my experience. I hope my story helps others.

Crown lengthening photos

Photos and part of an eight page report provided to me by the specialist correcting the dental work done in Cancun Mexico.

Photographs showing the damage done to my teeth.

New crowns... yeah!!!

Eight new porcelain crowns from right to left. Two teeth in the far back on the left were the old crowns still attached to the teeth that could not be saved. Will post more clinical photos when I see my great dentist again.

Cancun Cosmetic Dentist German Arzate

Would like to clarify that my experience was with Dr.German Arzate of Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry also known previously as Dental Maya. My botched dental work was corrected by two dentists located in Vancouver Canada.
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Initially through CancunCare.com

Please refrain from posting anything else about Ocean Dental in this review.  The review's owner did not go there, so those posts are off-topic, and so do not conform to our Community Guidelines.  As the owner said, please contact Gsxrannie directly instead.  Thank you. :)

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi everyone, thanks for the complements on my new crowns. Hell of a experience getting it all fixed. My teeth were fixed in Vancouver Canada. I hope others do not get confused or wonder if I am saying that all dentists in Cancun are bad because I do not think so. I'm not narrow minded. I just had a bad experience with ONE dentist that happens to practice there. Even though no one asked for a recommendation for a dentist in Cancun I think its ok that gxsrannie provided one but the thread did start to get a bit tedious and confusing. If ok Id like to suggest anyone interested in her dentist could private message gxsrannie or post under her review that she has submitted on RealSelf by clicking on her username. I have stated before that I did not do enough research before going on my dental vacation so I advise anyone interested to be careful and learn as much as you can about the industries pros and cons and to use a medical provider. Best wishes everyone.
What i would like to say to JM Survivor is that i am very happy you found a fantastic dentist who could correct the terrible work already done on your teeth. You are very fortunate. Your new mouth looks great. There are so many bad dentists out there it is frightening. Good luck with your new smile. No need to reply or answer anything. That's it!
JM, your new crowns look so much better. One can actually tell the quality difference.
Sorry but the thread below is starting to look...well suspiciously like advertising.
Think we got it. OCEAN DENTAL...OCEAN DENTAL. There you go done.
You talking about what I said?
What dentist fixed them? Where is he/she located?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

oh . from the headline i thought dentist in Cancun messed them up. So both the GOOD and the BAD dentists were in Cancun?
Hopefully you are reading more than headlines. The dentist name is provided underneath it and threw the threads. One can never be to overly observant when choosing dental tourism as an option.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Karinarina--were you trying to ask JM Survivor who fixed the crowns?  Because Gsxrannie answered you, not JM Survivor.  This thread is getting extremely confusing.  I might have to clean it up a little.

Did you post this reply in the wrong place?  Since I see you were having a discussion below with someone else.  This is all very confusing with you answering here--I am considering cleaning up this thread, but wanted to ask first if you had meant to post below and just put it in the wrong place.

yes. that's ok. i got my answer and Yes, this thread is confusing.
i haven't had a conversation with anyone as far as i know. I asked a question about this persons dentist, got about 6 personal emails and 3 answers about it.

Sorry!  Somehow the system rearranged my answers.  I'd actually answered Gsxrannie with that conversation comment, yet it showed up under yours!  Maybe that was part of the problem she was having.  Bizarre.