Long Awaited Tummy Tuck - Canandaigua, NY

I'm only 15 days post-surgery, and just had my...

I'm only 15 days post-surgery, and just had my second follow-up with my surgeon this morning. After this am, had my second and last drainage tube removed (yeah!) and that already has me feeling better. Much more sore and swollen than I ever anticipated, but with her reasuurance, that's very normal. I'm a pretty impatient person, so I would have hoped to see better results at this point, but I guess it takes several weeks/months for the swelling to completely go down. The reason I did this was a 50th birthday present to myself, and did it after losing 35 lbs via Weight Watchers! So I'm pretty pumped right now and just need to continue on the recovery track and I'm sure that in the end it will all be worth it!

OK, I'm 4 weeks out from surgery and have to admit...

OK, I'm 4 weeks out from surgery and have to admit that I'm feeling pretty awesome at this point!! Just had to get past those first couple of weeks. Still fairly swollen, but I can definitely see results and am very pleased with them. I can only imagine how much better I'll look when all of the swelling is gone and the scar starts to fade. I am definitely moving to the conclusion that this surgery was well worth it--I just didn't fully grasp the recovery period at first and the amount of time and patience that is required to reach the maximum result. But to everyone going through this or considering going through it, go for it!!!
Dr Kimberly D'Amore

I had this surgeon do a breast reduction four years ago upon recommendation from my chiropractor. Absolutely love her--she is one super surgeon and also a very nice person!

Hang in there girlie!!  You are doing great and things get easier each week.  This is a long and slow process but I promise you will be glad and happy once you are all healed up.

Go slow and take care of yourself right now.  You can get back to the crazy woman pace soon enough.  So for now put your Wonder Woman cape away and lay low for a while.