Upper Lip with Juvederm, I Look Ridiculous! - Canada

I have a full lower lip with very thin upper lip....

I have a full lower lip with very thin upper lip. I told the doctor I wanted my upper lip fuller, but I do not want big lips. The doctor used 1cc of Juvederm in just my upper lip. I looked deformed and like a duck from the start. It's been over a week now and the swelling has completely gone, but it still looks bumpy and unnatural. I am going back to the doctor today to get this fixed (AS IN GONE OUT OF MY LIPS). I look like Stiffler's mom off of American Pie with these ridiculous lips! I would never get this done again. Juvederm seems to have better results for people who already have fuller lips. If you have thin lips, think twice before doing this!

The doctor himself was great. He answered any questions, fit me into his office hours after calling, but the actual job he did was horrible! If you are thinking of having this done go to a plastic surgeon, do not trust general practitioners!

My lips look good now, I have the result I was originally after. My top lip is still fuller, but not duck like or swollen looking. I just wish I would have gone to the plastic surgeon in the first place because I know he would have done this correctly the first time and I wouldn't have to go through all this just for the subtle change I wanted. Although I am happy with the results now, I still would never go through this again and have Juvederm again. My first experience ruined that for me!

That's totally understandable - how could you not be wary of trying it again?!! I am very glad to hear that things look ok to you at this point though. :)

I just talked to the plastic surgeons office and they said they don't use the injections that dissolve, I will just have to wait for this to runs it's course and hopefully the other doctor squeezing it will help it break down faster, but my top lip is now 2-3 times the size it was before he squeezed.

Oh my goodness...I'm sorry to hear there wasn't a better answer for you. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

I just got back from my appointment and he wanted to put more in my lower lip! I said I'm not getting any more of this and my top lip looks ridiculous and what are my options to dissolve it. He squeezed the heck out of my lips for 10-15 minutes saying this will spread out the filler and help it dissolve faster. So now my top lip is huge AGAIN and I have to go back in another week for him to squeeze them some more. What a NIGHTMARE!

I'm so sorry to hear things didn't turn out the way you had hoped. It's always such a bummer when you have a vision of what things will look like in your head, and they turn out nothing like that.

I think you raise a really good point about the importance of going to a plastic surgeon. It seems there is a real skill to doing fillers well, and it would probably be hard for someone who only does them on occasion to perfect that skill.

Please let us know how getting the filler dissolved goes!