Jac - Canada

I’m 53 years old, and perimenopause, my once...

I’m 53 years old, and perimenopause, my once beautiful long eyelashes are now short and very thin, only noticeable when I wear mascara. From what I understand it’s from hormone changes in my body. Some people blame it on too much makeup, however, not in my case. I decided to get eyelash extensions @ La Cascada Day spa in Niagara on the Lake, Ont. Nicole took before and after pictures of my eyelashes. I was totally infatuated with my new eyelashes; she also mentioned to me I should try Latisse. I thought it was strange, she would be recommending this to me as this would make her loose business. So I put it down to, it must be a lost leader for her. She known’s I’ll be back. So I went out and bought Latisse online.

The first three weeks that I used Latisse I started shedding eyelashes way more than usual, however at that time I thought it was because of my eyelash extensions, Nicole kept assuring me my eyelashes were getting healthier. Anyhow, I did some research and found shedding eyelashes in the first few weeks of using Latisse has happened to a few other people. Also, I must say, I took a close look at my lashes and found several dark and strong little new lashes after 5 weeks, then after 6 weeks there were a lot more new growth.

I am so excited… However, I’m still getting regular treatment for eyelash extensions, but my new eyelashes are coming in strong. After 4 months I will get rid of the eyelash extensions and give you an after picture. That’s all I can do at this point. I hope this helps.

Hi Jacqueline3333,

I'm glad you are "infatuated" with your new lashes, that made me laugh. You are actually the second community member who had mentioned they do Latisse and get eyelash extensions. You said you took pictures. We'd love to see them.

Thanks so much and enjoy the rest of the week!

-Britt