3 Years Later and Still the Best Decision I Ever Made! - Canada

I'm from Canada and this surgery was covered...

I'm from Canada and this surgery was covered by OHIP thanks to it being a medical surgery (if you get a referral from your regular physician then it shouldn't be a problem for your surgeon to fill out the OHIP papers and get you approved). My Story: I'm 26 years old now and had this surgery when I was 23 and like my title suggests, this surgery is easily one of the best things I've ever done for myself! For so many years (really since high school) I had felt like my breasts were too big for my body, too big for my personality - just NOT ME. I was a 34G (with a 5'5 127lb frame) by the time I turned 23 and after long consideration, research and chats with my family, I finally picked up the phone and got the breast reduction surgery process started. Found a fantastic doctor through a friend who had had the surgery herself which was a great thing (getting a good surgeon who listens to you and what you want is SO important). After my first initial appointments the surgery was booked, I went in and came out with beautiful 34C boobs. I cried I was so happy :) I can finally go into a Victoria's Secret and buy a bra! I can now hit any store and buy a bathing suit top that works! No more struggles in the dressing room, no more passing a cute dress or top that I wish I could wear, but can't. All those days are behind me! My back feels great, my posture looks good and I feel like ME. 3 Years later and my breasts look good. My healing process was a quick one thankfully, nipple sensation is still there, scars are only a bit visible (but keep in mind I'm quite fair skinned) and I feel great.

My doctor was kind, he listened to my concerns and what I was looking to achieve. He explained to me everything that would happen, how small would be appropriate for my body and was a great man throughout the entire experience. Don't be afraid to check out a few doctors before settling on the one!