Breat Reduction

Had BR Feb 24/12 and did not require no pains meds...

Had BR Feb 24/12 and did not require no pains meds - drains out 3 days after - took shower 3 days after - very sore and bruised but overall very happy :) I smoke about 12 cigs a day and was up front with surgeon. Went fr 38DD to 38C. I live in NB Canada and as I have had bad back for years the Govt paid for the BR. Slept in lazy boy for 2 nights and now sleeping in bed - dislike sleeping on back but for now... boobs look like they went thru train wreck but applying bio-oil 2x day.

Been a bit more sore - advised by my surgeon to...

Been a bit more sore - advised by my surgeon to really massage bio-oil into sutures and nipples and to apply more and more pressure each day to avoid thick scarring.

Now 3 weeks since surgery - still sore and bruised...

Now 3 weeks since surgery - still sore and bruised but improvements every day. Most sore areas are where drains were and of course area of stitches - doctor did vertical only. Switched to vitamin e cream and apply 3-4 times a day. Look forward to sleeping on my sides again - someday :)

No regrets :)

Going on week 4. Had a set back - hit a very...

Going on week 4. Had a set back - hit a very bumpy road and caused breasts to be ++ sore for a day or two. Still a bit bruised. Very sore where drains were - switched bra style but not much relief - is this normal? Vitamin E cream helping a lot as far as comfort to breasts. Wish the recovery would speed up faster than what it is - never expected that I would feel this sore still.

I am getting there ! Returned to work 2 weeks ago...

I am getting there ! Returned to work 2 weeks ago - I drive alot for a living so the long drives (specifically bumpy roads) are still a bit irritating - sore at the end of the day but overall recovering very well. Able to sleep on my sides and am able to carry on most household activites. Main thing - no more back issues ! I wish I had done this a long time ago :) Highly recommend this surgery !
Dr. Howley

Got put on cancellation list so instead of waiting a year it took less than 6 months.

Hi Lynn! Just read your story. Sounds like you've had a relatively uneventful recovery; bump roads aside :(

How terrific that you're already back working out! That will probably signify the single largest benchmark for me if I ever get this show on the road! Hope you continue to do well and enjoy all those new, pretty bras you're probably already eyeing!
Well just had my 8 week follow up - surgeon said my healing was ahead of schedule :) Have a stitch peaking out around nipple bu the said that would disinegrate within 6 months and although the scars are doing well, to expect the breasts to form even more over the next few weeks. Next follow up is in June.

They are still sore at times but I cannot stress enough of no more back issues ! And now when I get on my tread mill they stay put and arent bouncing around lol !
Hi there lynne, thanks for telling your recovery story. It is nice to here how others are doing. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and can't wait until I my nipples are all healed. I was a 44l cup so my PS had to do a nipple graf. My right left side did just fine and it will be pink and healthy. My left one on the other hand has not been so lucky. while recovering it has turned black and I my PS si not sure sure yet if I will loose it or not. I got back to see her on Thursday and I will see what she has to say. I amglad that you have been able to sleep on your side finaly. It is a great mile stone. the next one for me is to get the really really itchy gauze and tape off. Enjoy your good nights sleep.
Hi Lynn! Just read your story. Glad you are happy with your results! I so agree about the back sleeping. It was hard but we made it. I'm about 5 1/2 weeks post op. The seatbelt still bothers me a bit. I had a little oozing and the nurse told me a pantyliner also, so it's not odd. I didn't have drains but I did have lipo on the sides. That is still sore after a long day.
Take Care!
Hi Lynn. Its nice to feel like you are getting back to normal. And to not have that pain is amazing! I am almost 8 months post-op and I had a stiff muscle in my neck the other day that hurt so much and I was shocked to realize that was how I use to feel all of the time! I can't believe I put up with that for so long!
Yes and they suggested using panty liner where drains were ... sounds odd to me.
I'm sorry you are feeling lousy! Have you called your PS?
Glad you are still happy with your results. From here on out it only gets better!
Welcome to RealSelf, Lynn! Thanks for the review. I hope you will be feeling more comfortable soon!