Excited but Nervous As Well - Canada

There is really nothing new or special about my...

There is really nothing new or special about my story. I have always had large breast for as long as I can remember. I have been coming to this site for a while now and have found it to be so encouraging reading the stories here. so i decided to post.
Breast reduction has always been on my mind but i guess i was just too nervous to go for it. I want to be pain free, i love beeing active but my large 38I are always on the way.
I am excited to get this done, but as the date get closer, i find myself freaking out and telling myself that these larges boobs are not soo bad. My surgery is schedule for june 8 and I am less than 2 weeks away.

I am not sure as to what to get before my surgery, i already got my bra from walmart, other than that i have no idea as to what else i would need. Any suggestions are welcomed..

dr. Chong

hi congradulations on your surgury please let me know your experience i hope all is well god bless please stay i touch
I just caught your post & realized you had your surgery just yesterday!! WOW! Congratulations!! I had mine Mya 30th so I know were you're at right now. Take your meds, get lots of rest, drink lots of water & don't overdo it at all!!! the first 3 days were the worst, after that you're going to be amazed at the difference to your life this surgery is going to make.

ps, i'm in Canada too, Nova Scotia to be exact. what part are you in?

Good Luck!
Topheavy, you made it! Today is the day. We'll all be excited to hear how it went.
Thank you so much for the encouraging words Iowa71, I know I would have chickened out already if it weren't for this website. I'm trying to keep busy n visualizing myself on the other side pain free n looking normal. I only have 6days left n i know I'm not going to back out! I'm really going for it this time!

Welcome, TopHeavy! Thanks for your post. The nerves are so normal. But in two weeks you are going to be on the healing side of all of this!

As far as supplies, I had way more than I needed :-) For me the most important things were front close pajamas, easy to digest foods(yogurt, bananas, fruit, cottage cheese) stool softeners because the pain meds are constipating, and entertainment, because you do get kind of bored after awhile! Also some extra pillows are helpful for positioning. An ACE wrap worked well for when my bra was being washed and I just needed a break from it. I used nothing but antibacterial soap on my incisions when showering.

Try not to let the nerves get you too much. You will be quite relieved once this is over. I will be anxious to hear how you are doing. Keep us updated, I bet you are going to be amazed at the relief you feel after you get rid of those I's!