Cellulaze Hurts - Campbell, CA

I had the procedure May 23 and am still VERY sore....

I had the procedure May 23 and am still VERY sore. I did front, back thighs and butt. It took 4 hours and that includes the prep.
The prep was SO painful. Once numbed, the 3 hr procedure was not that pained. I've got some intensive bruises That will take another 2 weeks to fade. I'm so happy to have this behind me. It has been way more painful than they tell you, but I know that it will be fabulous. My Dr spent a lot of time on me. He and his staff were great.

I had the procedure 37 days ago and I really feel...

I had the procedure 37 days ago and I really feel like I should not have done it. I'm still very sore, front & back thighs and butt.
I went without my garment this weekend for the first time and It was uncomfortable to walk because you feel every bounce of every steep. The constant itching is keeping me awake at night. I feel like I can't do any exercise besides gentle walking. I feel like my muscle tone is going to hell in the meantime.
I have had cosmetic procedures done in the past with great results and I fell SOOO discouraged and disappointed by this one.
The video I watched at a cellulaze presentation said that you only have to wear the compression garment for 2 weeks, which is a huge lie. They made it sound like 2 weeks of discomfort, no problem.
I really wish I had not done it.

I had cellulaze done on the front, back and butt...

I had cellulaze done on the front, back and butt area on May 29th. I kept my compression garment on for 2 months, all the time. Can someone answer the question as to why I'm still discolored on the front of my legs. Plus I now have spider veins on my front leg in one area where there were none before. The cellulite on the butt and back of legs look a little better, but the front looks worse than before. This brakes my heart. It's been 4 months!!!

The Dr and his staff are extremely polite to you and to each other.

Hi spykiss I would love to see some b4 and after pics,sometimes it helps us viewers to see the results and we might also see a difference that you can't. I tend to be my worst critic. I hope you feel better and the pain has subsided since it has been awhile. I hope you are better now and see a better result. I too was going to have this done but decided against it and to deal with my ugly cellulite. I read so many reviews that it discouraged me altogether. I am sorry for your experience. i hope you spoke to your doctor about your concerns and outcome. Best wishes Bella

Hey Spykiss,

Just wanted to check in and see if you could give us an update on how you are doing?

Thanks for sharing your experience. It would be very helpful to see the before and after photos and please let us know the name of your doctor. Best wishes.
They told me I'd be seem at 3, 6, and 12 months. I went back at 2 months to complain about everything. They should have followed up with me at the 3 months mark, but its been 4.5 months and I just received a call inquiring about my condition. I don't think they want to deal with me.
I am over 4 months out. Had the procedure on front and outer legs. I too am very unhappy! I some what blame myself! I didn't do the proper research or gone to the Dr. I know & trust. If you read my most recent post you will see the issues I am having! and for the Dr. to ask me if I have fiber myalgia, because of the soreness and pain. Do your research, don't settle! After me informing the Dr. & nurse of my pain and also the buldge, I was not told to come back for any followups! Will someone please tell me how many followups for this procedure??
And apparently the hemo stainibg could takes years to heal if it actually EVER does!!
AlmostFamousxo, I feel for you too. I did post a few days ago about my research for the hemo staining, I'm guessing you've read it or already knew this information. I have been on the search for other creams/lotions for the deep bruising but have not come across anything else. I'm bummed about your experience. I saw my friend today who is three weeks post and she's doing good. I wish you were the same! She was trying to show me the slight discoloration on her legs but I just could not see what she was seeing. Her bruises are pretty much gone; she had minor lumps under the incision area but you can only tell by feeling it, not by eyesight. She said she is still swollen a bit but I did not notice. Her cellulite was still there and neither of us expected any difference yet. She's not needing to wear the tight garment very often anymore, which she's happy about. Sigh, like spykiss, hang in there! It will get better.
Thank you for sharing your research and unfortunately I have tried arnica & bromelin from day 1, prescription vitamins, arnica gel, smooth shapes and nothing has helped. Im left with trying kinseao taping & hydro 6% bleaching cream (has anyone done this????) lmk!
Hi all! I'm writing again because I've been seeing so many of your comments about discoloration and I'm a full 4 months out and STILL have it on the side of legs, under my legs and on my butt. Dr. Dibernardo in Montclair NJ did mine and at my 3 month kept acting like it looked fine when and that it's "just the lightning" and we'll reevaluate at 6 months. I'm NOT happy with him at all and I'll post my final review at 6 months with pictures. His bedside manner is awful and I'm just so glad this wasn't more major work as if NEVER go to him again. I also have broken capillaries but my main concern is the color. I spray tan so it sort of helps but when I miss a few days it looks terrible. Has anyone tried any other creams? My skin actually is also swollen & lumpy in parts too!!! I'm not sure if this will ever heal. Does anyone still have swelling?? At 4 months I just can't believe the coloring AND I still have full blown incision marks!!!!! Dr. Dibernardo actually got that friggen black marker IN one of them and it still hasn't faded. This is another complaint he blew off. I can't wait until my 6 month I'm not letting him shoot me down anymore. Any advice on healing the discoloration please share I'm so discouraged it'll never heal :(
Hi all! I think this website is great and I'm learning lots! I am scheduled for cellulaze on Nov 26, plan is butt, back and outer sides of legs, maybe a bit on the front. I've been researching my butt off about this procedure, to the point where I could probably tell the doctor how to perform the procedure. Lol, joking. I bruise VERY VERY easily and what I'm most concerned with is the bruising and itchiness afterwards. I've come across a few things and thought this may help someone else... I copied and pasted from another post regarding the deep bruising...."The 'bruising' is actually called Hemosiderin Staining. The understanding is Hemosiderin often forms after bleeding during surgery. When blood leaves a ruptured blood vessel, the red blood cell dies, and the hemoglobin of the cell is released into the extracellular space. White blood cells called macrophages engulf the hemoglobin to degrade it, producing hemosiderin. Hemosiderin staining, also called hemosiderosis, is a brown or rusty discoloration of the skin resulting from a buildup of hemosiderin in the fluid of the body. Hemosiderin Staining is, more simply put, a molecular byproduct of blood cells breaking down and can "stain" nearby tissues. It may linger after bruising, especially in a person with lighter skin, but it is not permanent." There are two creams to help with bruising/healing, in addition to the Arnica & Traumeel. It is Amerigel Care Lotion and Neova Dermacirculation. The Amerigel ( http://www.amerigel.com/order-details/consumer-products/amerigelr-care-lotion.html ) is sold as a therapeutic skin conditioner for diabetics but my research also came up with that it is also good for the deep bruising. I bought 3 bottles. The following is the description for Dermacirculation (I saw someone on this site was using it); "Revolutionary formula amplifies nutrient flow and localized microcirculation to reduce the appearance of bruising while simultaneously calming and inhibiting the irritation cycle. Neova Dermacirculation Formula is for the treatment of bruising often associated with injectables, fillers and other dermatological and aesthetic procedures. Recommended as a spot treatment for all skin types, even the most sensitive. Neova Dermacirculation Formula stimulates nitric oxide production to improve microcirculation in the skin. Its activity has been shown to improve the visible signs of bruising and speed recovery, returning skin to a healthy state" ( http://www.skin-etc.com/nedefo.html ). I've got 2 bottles on order. I have a friend who got cellulaze done 3 weeks ago and am learning tons from her. I'm going to be busy lathering all the time. Whatever it takes to help heel myself quicker. My expectations are that I'm going to be uncomfortable for at least the first few weeks; specifically the first week. I expect major bruising,, swelling numbness, itchiness that could keep me up at night. I expect to be away from my exercise routine 4 weeks later. My plan is to use all four creams mentioned above, arnica pills (heard conflicting info about taking the bromeliad pills and bruising, requires more research), maybe up Vit A & C as I've read on this site. But at the end of the day, ie; 3-6 months later, I expect to see an improvement in my cellulite to the point where I will be wearing shorts come spring break. In response to the spider veins, I've heard that they can be lasered.... I'm sorry for the long post reply but hope it has helped someone else.
zenapow great info!!! If it helps I had very little itching. I think this may very. I did get a very small bit of the spider veins and getting that taken care of but nothing major. I think you are smart doing it this time of the year as it will give you time to heal without the pressure of when can I put on these shorts. Good luck and keep us posted after you get it done.
my legs; at times I've got myself a little worked up about this procedure and am glad to hear about that you had minimal itching. I hope for the same. I agree that winter is the best time for this sort of procedure. I will post updates, for sure. I appreciate others taking the time to share their experience which helps us all learn and provide the best real feedback, more than what we'd get from the PS's.
Sorry I should have added I think the massaging I did helped. As soon as he cleared me I started rubbing lotion onto myself and getting massages. Should also tell you this hurts at first but once you get going it feels really really really good. I also had 3 sessions of Endermologie which my doctor includes with the price. I coupled that with massages at my local massage place each week. Not sure if this was the reason but I am going to role with it since everytime I did have an itch I just massaged the area and it seemed to help. Also get a funnel (such as the kind you use to put oil in your car- .99cents at Target) this way you dont have to take the garment off to pee.
I wondered about massaging. My friend does the dry brushing which may count as that. I have a Clairsonic and read somewhere on here to use after cellulaze. Ya, I'm sure it would hurt! My friend said (she's 3 wks post) that her legs feel like they've been kicked over and over, just sore. But only when she goes from laying/sitting to standing. Once she's standing, she said it's fine. Good idea about the funnel cause she also said it huetsto sit on the toilet seat. I'm seeing the same doctor as my friend and he never said anything about getting endermologie or anything else afterwards. I dont think his clinic offers that, which may be one reason. Interesting....
iPhone autocorrect! I meant to say "hurts" not "huetsto".
Never heard of dry brushing but hey if it works. Toilet seats are the worst!!!!! Some hurt more then others..and never thought I would say that about a toilet seat. Bathroom with rails will be your friend for the first 2 weeks or so once you dont need to use the funnel. I did however make myself do it, every once in a while, even if hurt my theory is the faster I get used to it the faster it wont hurt anymore. Sore is a good word like a really good workout. I found once I was in a position as long as I didnt move no pain. A rocking chair is also great for the first 2 or so weeks helps with getting up (brought mine off the porch). I liked the "huetsto" just thought it was a plural or stronger version of "hurt".
Good theory. That's my take on things too. Man, all this just for cellulite. Insane. But I'm willing to give it a try. I hope come March that I'll say it was worth it and I don't regret it, huetsto and all! Haha.
I would never do this procedure again, even if they paid me the $5300.
spykiss, I'm soo sorry to hear things aren't getting better for you. Awful and not fun. Are you willing to post pictures to have a second opinion? I wonder if we'd notice the changes where you haven't. Easy for me to say but hang in there!
I just went for my 2 month check up. What I was told is that closer to 6 months is when you will really see it. The collagen has to build back up since they broke it apart. This is why it takes a bit to see the results. Hang in there. As for the discolored parts. There was another person on here who wrote about what that was and why it is still there longer then we would like it to be there wish I could remember who it was. I can tell you it has something to do with breaking the cells apart or something and they need to be reaborbed into the body and this takes a good deal of time. Look under the questions part from the doctors as I think one of them commented on it so you may be able to find it there. Hope this helps some.
Hi spykiss,

I am sooo sorry to hear that this was painful. I agree with others mentioned here that 2-3 months for the garment is a long time. I was told about 3 weeks. I would totally double check that month thing because that would bum me out too.
Hey....I hope all is well n u received maximum results... Please update us....n if possible can u post before n after pictures....thanx

Spykiss, I'm so sorry to hear how disappointed you are feeling. Please try to keep in mind that they say the results take 3-6 months to be seen. I think all of us are waiting to hear what you & so many others in the Cellulaze community have to say one they reach that 6 month mark.

I can definitely sympathize with you feeling like your muscle tone is dwindling after not getting to work out in over a month. For those of us that are regulars at the gym, missing a week can feel bad, let alone a month. Hoping it is all worth it in the long run!!