Fraxel Laser on Slightly Mild Acne Scarred 30yr Old Blemished Skin - Cambridge, United Kingdom

Just had my first treatment a week ago. It went...

Just had my first treatment a week ago. It went quite well, as I had no scary disasters like a few other posts. The doctor said the machine had a maximum setting of 800, and had only used 500 on me as I have Asian skin. My skin felt taut for the first couple of days, with the dots as everyone else has experienced and the slight flaking of skin in which I put a gentle cleanser on and buffed away gently with a muslin cloth..

Apart from looking slightly more plump, same as if I had had a microdermabrasion treatment, I can't really say I'd justify the cost for the treatment so far. Doc said that I will need 2-4 treatments. From the condition of my skin at the moment; I'm now thinking he did mean the whole 4! As I've read on here that after the first go, most ppl don't usually notice much difference I shall give it another go.

I used cicaplast by La Roche Posay instead of Vaseline. Ithas antibacterial properties. It seemed to help ease my skin during the repairing process. I didn't ask the doc, but is this ok as it is recommended for post cosmetic peels.

Dr. Holt

I went to a consultation in London harley st clinic, but the nurse tried to sell me 3-4 different treatments, and due to the long distance travel and my working hours, I could not make it back to see a doctor which I thought was what I had originally wanted to do. After sending photos, they told me they couldn't help with my scarring. I chose the institute due to them having a much more proffesional approach to this matter. Having read reviews that swing both ways everywhere, I thought it can't really be much different.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in