Fraxel Laser on Slightly Mild Acne Scarred 30yr Old Blemished Skin - Cambridge, United Kingdom

Just had my first treatment a week ago. It went...

Just had my first treatment a week ago. It went quite well, as I had no scary disasters like a few other posts. The doctor said the machine had a maximum setting of 800, and had only used 500 on me as I have Asian skin. My skin felt taut for the first couple of days, with the dots as everyone else has experienced and the slight flaking of skin in which I put a gentle cleanser on and buffed away gently with a muslin cloth..

Apart from looking slightly more plump, same as if I had had a microdermabrasion treatment, I can't really say I'd justify the cost for the treatment so far. Doc said that I will need 2-4 treatments. From the condition of my skin at the moment; I'm now thinking he did mean the whole 4! As I've read on here that after the first go, most ppl don't usually notice much difference I shall give it another go.

I used cicaplast by La Roche Posay instead of Vaseline. Ithas antibacterial properties. It seemed to help ease my skin during the repairing process. I didn't ask the doc, but is this ok as it is recommended for post cosmetic peels.

Dr. Holt

I went to a consultation in London harley st clinic, but the nurse tried to sell me 3-4 different treatments, and due to the long distance travel and my working hours, I could not make it back to see a doctor which I thought was what I had originally wanted to do. After sending photos, they told me they couldn't help with my scarring. I chose the institute due to them having a much more proffesional approach to this matter. Having read reviews that swing both ways everywhere, I thought it can't really be much different.

Hey there, just checking in for an update, how did you make out with your treatments? How many have you had in total?
Hi there Eva, I had 4 treatments in total. It has been over a year since I had the treatment. The doctor told me it would take time for my skin to heal and a few months for the results to really show. The outcome is that my skin is practically the same. Apart from the fact that it looked plump and refresh, my scars are still quite prominent and unfortunately there hasn't been any improvement in this area. I would advise people not to have this treatment for scars as it doesn't work.
Thanks for the update, it's a shame you didn't get the results you were looking for. Are you looking into any alternative treatments?